Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Victoria | 63 m | 19 fl | Complete
Some hanging sign have gone up, hanging from the overhang over the patio. There's one for Scotiabank, and one right at the end next to Ziggy's, but it wasn't for Settlement. Anyone know if someone else is going in?

(10-19-2016, 11:08 AM)tomh009 Wrote: In Kitchener they could easily find a much less expensive (and more practical) site within 1 km or less, for much less money.  I doubt they get many pedestrian customers to merit a prime downtown site.

They have storage lockers there too, probably is attractive to people nearby who want storage but not too far away

(10-19-2016, 02:31 PM)urbd Wrote: It's such a shame that street trees were not added or required by the city in this location... walking along that sidewalk/patio space (patio for Scotiabank, for that matter) is not a nice experience at all. Hopefully they will add some big planters to make up for it, and maybe Settlement will also add some patio tables to that barren streetscape.

The nice side of not having trees or patio tables is a lot of sidewalk room for pedestrians instead of token stunted trees.
(10-19-2016, 06:47 PM)darts Wrote: [quote pid='28151' dateline='1476889690']

They have storage lockers there too, probably is attractive to people nearby who want storage but not too far away

[/quote]

They could incorporate their storage locker business into the ground level of a new building.
(10-19-2016, 04:38 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Some hanging sign have gone up, hanging from the overhang over the patio. There's one for Scotiabank, and one right at the end next to Ziggy's, but it wasn't for Settlement. Anyone know if someone else is going in?

Settlement will be on the Victoria St frontage, to the right of Scotiabank... that other sign is for some Waterloo Region Commerce Association or something like that. Pretty random.
(10-18-2016, 10:45 PM)tomh009 Wrote: They own the building?

I believe so.
Scotia looks ~80% complete. ATMs were all up and running inside, some flat panels mounted on the walls, etc. Looked like just some minor interior things and furniture, and it'd be done! Not sure what's taking Settlement so long.
(10-25-2016, 06:36 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Scotia looks ~80% complete. ATMs were all up and running inside, some flat panels mounted on the walls, etc. Looked like just some minor interior things and furniture, and it'd be done! Not sure what's taking Settlement so long.

Someone from Abe Erb/Settlement told me that they were starting construction sometime in October, and I walked past it the other day and it seems that they have started with some preparation.

Settlement Co. is scheduled to open here tomorrow morning at 7AM!
(03-15-2017, 01:07 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Settlement Co. is scheduled to open here tomorrow morning at 7AM!

Amazing! They make the best cappuccino I've ever tasted - office is within a block of there so my monthly coffee shop expense is about to swing wildly out of control!
Anyone here living at 1 Victoria? I thought someone was, but now I can't find the reference ...
Thanks -- PM sent!
A mural-style artwork has gone up above Hall's Lane! Looks to be on a 'barnraising' theme.

[Image: He4qwJB.jpg]

[Image: g6XteeD.jpg]
The City required them to install an artwork?

If the city required it, and picked the location, I wonder if it's with a future vision of Halls lane in mind? I personally don't see a need for it to be honest, but that's just me.
When do we "need" art? (Pause for moment of profound contemplation) Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »