Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Victoria | 63 m | 19 fl | Complete
At over $400sqft (assume that includes the balcony) with no parking spot, I don't think you can say "only" wrt the one bedroom - that's an astonishing price for Downtown.

heh, that feels like trying to say "Look at the money you save by not having granite countertops!"
(07-06-2016, 12:11 PM)panamaniac Wrote: At over $400sqft (assume that includes the balcony) with no parking spot, I don't think you can say "only" wrt the one bedroom - that's an astonishing price for Downtown.

Well, that is why I put "only" in quotation marks. That price doesn't really compute for me. But I assume it is less than it would cost if there were a parking space.
Just a gratuitous shot of 1 Victoria.  Not finished but getting close.  And in the bright sunlight the black finishes do look good.

They've got the drywall up that'll be dividing Settlement from Scotia now. What's strange is that the very large patio space (facing the Kaufman lofts) is actually on the Scotia side of things. What could Scotia benefit from that much patio, as opposed to Settlement?
The interior barrier does not need to define the exterior one. If the Scotiabank doors are further up, perhaps Settlement can take more of the patio space?
Patio being poured today. Wonder when the commercial tenants will move in?

Probably safe to mark this one as complete:

[Image: 30371917315_be83312946_b.jpg]One Victoria by Matt, on Flickr

Here's the render just for fun:

[Image: rendering.jpg]
I went by this morning and I was really liking how the street level portion was coming together.

The project looks great and a excellent addition to Downtown.
The actual/render comparison shows just how important (and challenging) glass is to mock up. Had the buillding actually had such a textural change on its exterior as the render shows, many would not feel that it is as monolithic and brute as I've heard them say.
Indeed. The podium and the upper floors really break up the monolithic walls in the render. The building, as built, looks OK, and still a good addition to downtown, but it really doesn't look as good as the renders.
I prefer the street lights and signal lights in the render. I also like how the trees camouflage the U haul business.
(10-17-2016, 09:55 AM)Drake Wrote: I prefer the street lights and signal lights in the render. I also like how the trees camouflage the U haul business.

But I do like the LRT tracks in the actual photo! Smile

Ugh, I can't stand those old-timey black iron lamp posts, they throw so much light up into the sky.
I rather think the finished product looks pretty good in that photo!
The rooftop glass patio area looks a little more striking in the render, but the rest is better in real life.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »