Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caroline St Private Residences | 22 fl | Complete
(10-21-2020, 03:01 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 01:40 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm surprised by this.  Are there other sections of the IHT (or others) that are private property?

I too was surprised by this, but AFAIK no other part of the IHT has this requiement. However, this is a special situation, so I can see it being different.

I've seen complaints in previous winters that part of the trail north of William is private property and snow clearing has to be done by the business on the corner. Which even if done legally isn't up to the standard of the rest of the trail.

(10-23-2020, 09:14 AM)goggolor Wrote: I've seen complaints in previous winters that part of the trail north of William is private property and snow clearing has to be done by the business on the corner. Which even if done legally isn't up to the standard of the rest of the trail.

I’d be pretty surprised if it were private property, but like most sidewalks in the city presumably it’s supposed to be cleared by the adjacent property owner. Which of course doesn’t produce good results overall, even assuming that most property owners do a good job. See other thread…
(10-23-2020, 12:58 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 09:14 AM)goggolor Wrote: I've seen complaints in previous winters that part of the trail north of William is private property and snow clearing has to be done by the business on the corner. Which even if done legally isn't up to the standard of the rest of the trail.

I’d be pretty surprised if it were private property, but like most sidewalks in the city presumably it’s supposed to be cleared by the adjacent property owner. Which of course doesn’t produce good results overall, even assuming that most property owners do a good job. See other thread…

Yes, I think you are correct, it's probably public property, but is required to be cleared by the property owner...

I do recall hearing thos complaints as well goggolor...thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten about it. And I certainly concur with the poor level of service there (not the LOS the region cares about mind you Tongue).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »