Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Hopefully it was nothing serious, but EMS (ambulance plus a paramedic SUV) was on site around noon on Friday.

[Image: PmMpRcC.jpg]
Couple sunset snaps out walking the dog.

Thanks for the pictures.

Does anyone else feel like this one has gone up faster than their others?
It feels like it has been a fast project, but so do most things Momentum/Zehr get behind. They've accomplished a lot in the last 5-10 years.
(04-13-2021, 09:03 PM)Spokes Wrote: Thanks for the pictures.

Does anyone else feel like this one has gone up faster than their others?

It does feel like each tower got progressively faster going up, though I think that is in part that this one seemed to get glazing sooner than the other towers did, perhaps in part due to having less of the pre-fab panels to go up first?
The final tower is getting pretty tall. You get a good view of a lot of the new projects at the old terminal.

[Image: ja6CAFa.jpg]

(04-26-2021, 05:01 PM)ac3r Wrote: The final tower is getting pretty tall. You get a good view of a lot of the new projects at the old terminal.

Is the old bus terminal building open to the public, or do you have access for some other reason?

I know the Covid testing site is there but I’m not aware the building is open for walking in.
(04-26-2021, 07:53 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:01 PM)ac3r Wrote: The final tower is getting pretty tall. You get a good view of a lot of the new projects at the old terminal.

Is the old bus terminal building open to the public, or do you have access for some other reason?

I know the Covid testing site is there but I’m not aware the building is open for walking in.
 Walk-in tests are in the building I believe. At least, the pedestrian entrance is the main entrance on Charles.
(04-26-2021, 07:53 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:

It's closed to the public, I was just there for other reasons unrelated to testing.

Walk-in testing is being done on the ground floor of the building in a makeshift room near the doors for the old inter-city bus platform, but the rest of the building is closed to public with security there keeping an eye on the building 24 hours a day.
(04-26-2021, 08:35 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 07:53 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Is the old bus terminal building open to the public, or do you have access for some other reason?

It's closed to the public, I was just there for other reasons unrelated to testing.

Walk-in testing is being done on the ground floor of the building in a makeshift room near the doors for the old inter-city bus platform, but the rest of the building is closed to public with security there keeping an eye on the building 24 hours a day.

Those reasons don't happen to include the future plans for the site and your profession, do they...?  Wink
(04-27-2021, 11:00 AM)cherrypark Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 08:35 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's closed to the public, I was just there for other reasons unrelated to testing.

Those reasons don't happen to include the future plans for the site and your profession, do they...?  Wink

I can neither confirm nor deny. :')

But sadly this site won't see any action for a while, but there is certainly a lot of interest in finding out what to do with it. It's in one of the best locations downtown so people are trying to determine what it could be best utilized for...hopefully not just condos!
I really want a Momentum project on this site. Badly.

Although, have all of their projects been purely residential (not including ground floor retail)

(04-27-2021, 01:46 PM)Spokes Wrote: I really want a Momentum project on this site.  Badly.

Although, have all of their projects been purely residential (not including ground floor retail)

They tried to do office in the podium of 100 Victoria, but there weren't enough takers and it got converted to residential (kept the 13' ceilings though). The DTK office market has picked up since then though.

The Glove Box is Momentum/Zehr project too, and it's an office building.
(04-27-2021, 12:44 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 11:00 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Those reasons don't happen to include the future plans for the site and your profession, do they...?  Wink

I can neither confirm nor deny. :')

But sadly this site won't see any action for a while, but there is certainly a lot of interest in finding out what to do with it. It's in one of the best locations downtown so people are trying to determine what it could be best utilized for...hopefully not just condos!

Yes, the location leads one to hope that its brings more to offer than what might be the goal of the average downtown parking lot infill. Only so many opportunities to redo a site like this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »