Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Well, yes -- if you need to cook things that don't fit, then you need some kind of larger oven. (Some convection/microwaves do fit a 13-14" pizza.) In our case, a 12" pizza is enough to feed both of us so this one is perfect for us (and conserves counter space).

I seriously need to get myself a toaster oven. I'm warming little things now and again and turning on this huge oven doesn't Make sense each time! In a condo, efficiency is paramount. Counter top space is a premium!
(11-11-2018, 12:16 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I seriously need to get myself a toaster oven. I'm warming little things now and again and turning on this huge oven doesn't Make sense each time! In a condo, efficiency is paramount. Counter top space is a premium!

I always like owning toaster ovens (and do) but I don't use them that much; e.g. I bake fish in the oven. I haven't done the calculations, but I suspect ovens are pretty efficient too. They are pretty well insulated. The difference may not be enough to be material given the amount of baking I do.
(11-11-2018, 10:12 PM)plam Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 12:16 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I seriously need to get myself a toaster oven. I'm warming little things now and again and turning on this huge oven doesn't Make sense each time! In a condo, efficiency is paramount. Counter top space is a premium!

I always like owning toaster ovens (and do) but I don't use them that much; e.g. I bake fish in the oven. I haven't done the calculations, but I suspect ovens are pretty efficient too. They are pretty well insulated. The difference may not be enough to be material given the amount of baking I do.

A wall oven is about 3x the power rating of a tabletop oven like the Breville, above. The question is whether the duty cycles are the same ...
It seems the toaster oven is roughly twice as efficient as a regular oven. https://nowtoronto.com/which-is-more-eff...ular-oven/
We have had a Breville Smart Oven (or whatever they called it at the time) for over 10 years and it is still going strong. Easily the most used appliance in our house and one that I cannot live without. We do a lot of cooking as well, and the more expensive "toaster ovens" do a very good job of baking/cooking very evenly. Recently bought one for our cottage, the Cuisinart Compact Steam Oven... also highly recommended.
Quote:Cuisinart Compact Steam Oven
I can speak from personal experience that this one is excellent! It can do a whole chicken while taking up very little counter space.

(11-12-2018, 02:43 PM)KevinL Wrote:
Quote:Cuisinart Compact Steam Oven
I can speak from personal experience that this one is excellent! It can do a whole chicken while taking up very little counter space.

Can we please get back on topic?
Isn’t this the toaster oven thread?
The toaster ovens for better condo living thread.
Toaster ovens should come as included appliance in all new home and condo purchases :-D
I just got a notification that they are adding another floor. They are expecting it to be sold out quickly.
So 24 storeys? Seems odd to add just one floor, especially if quick sales are anticipated.

Ya, there's got to be a reason for just one.

Wait, isn't it already 25?
I thought it was 23, but I'm probably mistaken.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »