Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Address : 120 Victoria South
Yahoo another tower!!!   http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/former-glove...-1.3641973

I like the fact that the intensification is extending along Victoria (and Queen), and not just along the length of King St.
Great news. The area really is becoming the place to be.
Quote:The former Huck glove factory at 120 Victoria Street South has been sold to a group of investors including Momentum Developments, The Zehr Group and Toronto-based private equity firm KingSett Capital for an undisclosed price.

So it appears that Zehr Group is preferring to focus on this project (together with Momentum) and hoping that someone else bigger will take on SIXO.
Safe to assume that this project falls within the boundaries eligible for the Downtown development fee exemption?
A bigger(ish) image!

[Image: 22582335_1862423117405516_1227152949097005056_n.jpg]

Oh wow, 6 floors of retail? How does that even work? Will there be a mall inside or something?
^^^ 130,000 square feet of office space and 11,000 square feet of retail total for the six floors. I think only 1 floor will be for retail.

Only about half of one floor, if my math is right.
(10-20-2017, 07:20 PM)Square Wrote: ^^^   130,000 square feet of office space and 11,000 square feet of retail total for the six floors.  I think only 1 floor will be for retail.

I think you’re right. This is not 1 Bloor.
(10-20-2017, 07:28 PM)KevinL Wrote: Only about half of one floor, if my math is right.

Going by the render, it looks like the ground floor of the new building will have the entrance and retail space(s).   The Huck factory looks to be losing its front entrance.
The statement about SIXO moving to someone else is incorrect. Momentum and Zehr have for all intents decided to partner because each brings unique strength to that relationship. Zehr has extensive expertise in commercial and Momentum in residential.

Together they can also take on larger projects simultaneously. They both feel this market is not tapped to its potential and through this partnership they minimize opportunity for another player from outside of the region to muscle their way in.

Momentum is a partner in SIXO too. I have it from a variety of sources that municipal and architectural work on SIXO is proceeding as you'd expect.
Heh, I love how the render has a crosswalk marked across Victoria St. at Bramm. It's probably a needed and important crossing, even more so with this building, but I'd be impressed to see it happen.
In this vision of the future it looks like the old Macintosh cleaners is no longer present and has been replaced by a new structure about 10m further to the west than the current building. I wonder what the new owners think of that?

Bramm looks to have been widened to 3 lanes with a grass boulevard and 3m sidewalk on the west side.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(10-21-2017, 10:55 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: In this vision of the future it looks like the old Macintosh cleaners is no longer present and has been replaced by a new structure about 10m further to the west than the current building. I wonder what the new owners think of that?

Bramm looks to have been widened to 3 lanes with a grass boulevard and 3m sidewalk on the west side.

I imagine they think they made a very good investment!
(10-20-2017, 06:18 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Safe to assume that this project falls within the boundaries eligible for the Downtown development fee exemption?

Yeah, this is why their a little bit anxious to get this going within the next year or so.

Kitchener DT is sure going to look different in the next 5 to 10 years.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »