Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
I heard that the interior elevators were mostly installed before the flood... so it's all gotta be ripped out and replaced

(05-10-2022, 02:25 PM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: I heard that the interior elevators were mostly installed before the flood... so it's all gotta be ripped out and replaced

Really!? How long would that take?
(05-10-2022, 02:37 PM)JK2021 Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 02:25 PM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: I heard that the interior elevators were mostly installed before the flood... so it's all gotta be ripped out and replaced

Really!? How long would that take?
No idea on the timeline, sorry. I have heard that it was a $20M oopsie. Amazing that one bad fitting installed by an apprentice can wreak such havoc.
(05-02-2022, 01:45 PM)guy.chew@gmail.com Wrote: Anyone know the new occupancy date? I'm worry that my pre-approved mortgage will be expired before the occupancy date.

FYI you won't start your mortgage on the occupancy date. You will be paying rent (interest on the money still owed after your deposit) until the entire building is finished and incorporated. Could be a up to a year or more before we all start our mortgages. Sucks, but we missed the low interest covid bus. I'm on a lower floor myself so I will be paying rent for quite a while, people at the top for the shortest amount of time usually.
(05-10-2022, 02:43 PM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 02:37 PM)JK2021 Wrote: Really!? How long would that take?
No idea on the timeline, sorry. I have heard that it was a $20M oopsie. Amazing that one bad fitting installed by an apprentice can wreak such havoc.

How do you know that info? I didn't get an update email yet.
(05-14-2021, 01:34 PM)519 Wrote: Also, not sure if this was mentioned before but I was told that the Condo fee for Tower 3 is about $0.48/sqft which is higher than Tower 1 & 2 ($0.42/sqft).  Difference is due to more amenities in Tower 3 (not shared with the other two).

Based on recent MLS listings, the condo fees for 100 Garment are now up to 0.571/sqft. It appears that they have done their initial reserve fund study so the fees are getting to be more realistic.
Painting has begun
[Image: ITT7AkX.jpg]

Bold choice painting the concrete a slightly different shade of grey. Are they also painting over the brown/taupe colour? That would be a shame.
(05-19-2022, 08:36 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: Bold choice painting the concrete a slightly different shade of grey. Are they also painting over the brown/taupe colour? That would be a shame.

The dark grey went up and then the brown/taupe. Assuming the grey is a primer?
Yeah the grey is primer. The taupe is the final colour and matched to the Glovebox brick colour (approximately).
Ah yes. Kitchener smoggy yellow. A colour dear to my heart.
Let’s call it “buff”. Classier. Smile
I think I recall somewhere it was an ode to the yellow clay bricks used in most buildings in downtown Kitchener back in the day

View from Bramm & Garment. Bramm St has been repaved.

[Image: ADXQDh0.jpg]
(05-19-2022, 02:37 PM)CP42 Wrote: I think I recall somewhere it was an ode to the yellow clay bricks used in most buildings in downtown Kitchener back in the day

Yes.  Aka buff brick.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »