Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(12-10-2018, 10:40 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It should give a boost to the proposal for the old MacIntosh Dry Cleaners building next door.  The front section seems a natural for some kind of cafe or restaurant.

I always thought a restaurant would be perfect there too!

(12-10-2018, 02:06 PM)Square Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 10:13 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Do we know if they will actual be finishing the Garment St. condo (referred to as 'Glove box condo') before starting the second 100 Victoria condo? May concurrent construction.

I'm just going by what the article stated "The first condo tower, which has 171 units, is nearly finished. When the condo board takes over the building, work will begin on the biggest tower in the development, which will have 319 units. It was sold out in less than 30 minutes when sales launched last May."   You could be right, maybe they will start both at once.

That was what stood out to me.  Garment street being the taller of what's left.
Well, Garment St. is proposed completion in 2021...whereas based on what was just said, 100 Victoria tower 2 for 2020. Logically, 100 Vic tower 2 will be finished first...not necessarily started first. Garment (tallest), from what I know, will break ground next month...
(12-11-2018, 04:36 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Well, Garment St. is proposed completion in 2021...whereas based on what was just said, 100 Victoria tower 2 for 2020. Logically, 100 Vic tower 2 will be finished first...not necessarily started first. Garment (tallest), from what I know, will break ground next month...

Interesting, thanks for the update.

With these timelines, they kind of have to be building tower two and garment street at the same time.
Spokes - it really does sound like that. So what was start month for building tower I (100 Vic) to month of crane removal and full erection (Oct2018?)?
(12-12-2018, 12:38 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Spokes - it really does sound like that. So what was start month for building tower I (100 Vic) to month of crane removal and full erection (Oct2018?)?

Tower 2 (Tower 1 hasn't been built yet, unless I am mistaken) had the crane erected June 15, 2017 and the crane came down October 15, 2018 - so 16 months exactly. I am guessing both other tower cranes will be around a bit longer, but I could be wrong, but I think 20 months might be accurate.
How long does the work inside and other details now to be done typically take?

All the inside/unit work finishing up? wait what's occupancy?
As someone mentioned earlier, occupancy for the higher floors is May. I noticed today interior lights were in about halfway up the tower
I too saw those lights on around 4:45pm. Coming along at a good tilt still.
I didn't realize the common space at Garment Street was so significant:

Looks hype!
I'm confused at the render that includes the basketball court. The building that the court backs onto, would that not be the Huck Glove addition?

No, thats the as-of-yet unstarted tower on One Hundred. The Huck Glove addition is "south" of the drawing, across Garment St.

[Image: CWRDjeC.png]
I like how the renders include downsizing seniors and young families using the amenity space.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »