Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
Rent on cranes is very expensive, they come down as soon as possible.

(10-15-2018, 09:12 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 09:01 PM)Spokes Wrote: Was this crane outside of the building?  I know some are internalized in the elevator shafts.

That would explain it if it's the case.

It was outside the building.  'the crane was being loaded onto trucks and taken away. They still have to excavate the site for the second tower. So no point leaving the crane on scene.

True about the excavation, forgot about that.
(10-16-2018, 12:23 AM)clasher Wrote: Rent on cranes is very expensive, they come down as soon as possible.

Unless you're barrelyards. Then you leave one around as decoration and to tease people
(10-16-2018, 03:10 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 12:23 AM)clasher Wrote: Rent on cranes is very expensive, they come down as soon as possible.

Unless you're barrelyards. Then you leave one around as decoration and to tease people

Maybe they own that crane....
They must. They'd have to.
Momentum definately does not own that crane. They sub out everything. Rumor has it that crane is going up in the Garment Street (tower 3) site next. Permits have already been pulled and financing is in place for T3. I'm trying to get a straight answer on tower 2, but my last update was that tower 2 wont start getting built until tower 1 is done. Something about too much risk having all three being constructed at once.
(11-02-2018, 01:57 AM)Quadcities34 Wrote: Momentum definately does not own that crane. They sub out everything. Rumor has it that crane is going up in the Garment Street (tower 3) site next. Permits have already been pulled and financing is in place for T3. I'm trying to get a straight answer on tower 2, but my last update was that tower 2 wont start getting built until tower 1 is done. Something about too much risk having all three being constructed at once.

Well, if that's true, it's a cool turn of events, as I was expecting T3 to be last.

Where are you finding your info?

I'd be annoyed if I bought in tower two and that was the case
Does that mean T3, the Garment St. condo, will be built and finished prior to the initial anticipated occupancy date? I believe it is Spring 2021.
(11-02-2018, 09:38 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Does that mean T3, the Garment St. condo, will be built and finished prior to the initial anticipated occupancy date? I believe it is Spring 2021.

I don't think so. Charlie West is fall 2020, and it's much further along than Garment St.
I hope the actual 'Garment' street is built and complete at the same time as occupancy vs being rubble and the commercial units at the base of Glovebox and the condos ready to go also!

Charlie West looks intriguing too. Did not get nearly as much fanfare as Garment when it first went on sale but quietly trucked along and last I heard, all but 4 of the largest units sold. Is there a plan to demolish the GRT bus terminal right there (and have it all centralized in the new transit hub) and build more commercial/condos? I heard whispers of this at least 2 years ago...
(11-02-2018, 10:58 AM)Momo26 Wrote: I hope the actual 'Garment' street is built and complete at the same time as occupancy vs being rubble and the commercial units at the base of Glovebox and the condos ready to go also!

Charlie West looks intriguing too. Did not get nearly as much fanfare as Garment when it first went on sale but quietly trucked along and last I heard, all but 4 of the largest units sold. Is there a plan to demolish the GRT bus terminal right there (and have it all centralized in the new transit hub) and build more commercial/condos? I heard whispers of this at least 2 years ago...

There is no plan to sell/redevelop the current bus terminal at this time. I'm certain it will happen but it's likely well beyond the transit hub development start. As a guess, it could start somewhere between 2020 and 2023.
Cool video of this.  Residents are going to have an amazing patio on top of that podium

Nice video. Looks like something that you'd find downtown Toronto!
Gives you an idea of interior progress.   And another tweet showed Kitchen cabinets going in on the 4th floor

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »