Hey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
Buff brick? Not something you see much nowadays, but nice in this context, istm.
(03-18-2018, 10:43 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Buff brick?  Not something you see much nowadays, but nice in this context, istm.

yeah except it's not real brick... it's pre-assembled concrete (?) panels made to look like brick. Very widely used... One Victoria has the same except black ish.
(03-19-2018, 10:45 AM)urbd Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 10:43 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Buff brick?  Not something you see much nowadays, but nice in this context, istm.

yeah except it's not real brick... it's pre-assembled concrete (?) panels made to look like brick. Very widely used... One Victoria has the same except black ish.

Yeah, I know.  I was just going by the look, not the fact that it's pre-assembled.  The difference in terms of the look of the end result is not significant, istm, at least judging by other buildings that have gone up in town with the same sort of cladding (eg One Victoria).
(03-19-2018, 10:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Yeah, I know.  I was just going by the look, not the fact that it's pre-assembled.  The difference in terms of the look of the end result is not significant, istm, at least judging by other buildings that have gone up in town with the same sort of cladding (eg One Victoria).

I think they're more orange-y / beige-y than actual buff brick and lack the nice variety in colour and texture in real brick, but seem decent nonetheless.
(03-19-2018, 10:45 AM)urbd Wrote:

APCB: Architectural Pre-cast Concrete Brick.
https://slenderwall.com/benefits/slender...cast-brick
Photo 
[Image: FbgayGzr.jpg]

https://i.imgur.com/FbgayGzr.jpg

First piece of glass installed as well as some 'brick'. Concrete has been poured for the 16th floor, which means 1 floor left!
Thanks for the photo update, I am really looking forward to seeing the finished podium.
This combined with Garment Street is going to have such a strong street presence for this block.
(05-20-2018, 06:55 AM)Spokes Wrote: This combined with Garment Street is going to have such a strong street presence for this block.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not, but this Garment St. promo video gives a virtual walk-thru starting from Bhram st, through the new Garment st project, connecting to the One Hundred entrance and back out to Victoria st - great visuals of One Hundred - and I (personally) didn't realize that they were creating this connecting street that loops through - will be such an awesome spot with restaurants/shops/etc - connects the two projects (and separates the Garment st office building from the Garment st and One Hundred Condos).

Check it out: http://garmentstreetcondos.com/video/gar...hrough.mp4

(Found here http://garmentstreetcondos.com/ )
The connecting street they are building is Garment St Wink. That's where the name comes from!
I was excited about these projects before. Now I'm really excited after watching that video.
I hope they make it pedestrian only.