Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
(03-05-2018, 08:02 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Going from memory, I think at one time amendments were made to the project (increased height) for concessions made to the city and I don't think that the publicly available render was ever updated.

Thank you.  I do recall reading about that.  Guess will have to wait till building 1 is finished, then count the floors, lol

The first tower has hit the 10th floor. 

[Image: 5243304546245490233%253Faccount_id%253D1]
Thanks for the picture update!
It's officially ruined the skyline in Midtown.

(That was for the benefit of Viewfromthe42).
I still remember the MHBP resident who claimed that of 1Vic *sigh* (and, technically, also of Google).
I know you do... I have to add, if I lean out my kitchen window the right way right now, I can see a bit of Midtown Lofts between the two houses behind me. I used to be able to enjoy the sky!!

Okay, /s
(03-05-2018, 01:32 PM)Square Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 08:15 AM)jeffster Wrote: I understood that....I was asking because I thought Tower 1 wasn't facing Victoria, this tower is...but if it's tower 1, thats fine...finally Kitchener will have a building with more than 19 floors...(this is 21 or 22...)

The tower facing Victoria is the 15 or 18 stories building, the one behind is the taller one.

Just to clarify, the tower currently being built is 17 floors. There will be one behind it that's 21. They added 2 floors to each tower plan around December 2016. The 17+21 floors INCLUDE the 3 floor podium.

I take progress pics of this construction once a week and I can post more pics if people are interested. They are adding 'brick' to the back right now:

[Image: jI8NfZL.jpg]

Buff brick? Not something you see much nowadays, but nice in this context, istm.
(03-18-2018, 11:43 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Buff brick?  Not something you see much nowadays, but nice in this context, istm.

yeah except it's not real brick... it's pre-assembled concrete (?) panels made to look like brick. Very widely used... One Victoria has the same except black ish.
(03-19-2018, 11:45 AM)urbd Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 11:43 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Buff brick?  Not something you see much nowadays, but nice in this context, istm.

yeah except it's not real brick... it's pre-assembled concrete (?) panels made to look like brick. Very widely used... One Victoria has the same except black ish.

Yeah, I know.  I was just going by the look, not the fact that it's pre-assembled.  The difference in terms of the look of the end result is not significant, istm, at least judging by other buildings that have gone up in town with the same sort of cladding (eg One Victoria).
(03-19-2018, 11:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Yeah, I know.  I was just going by the look, not the fact that it's pre-assembled.  The difference in terms of the look of the end result is not significant, istm, at least judging by other buildings that have gone up in town with the same sort of cladding (eg One Victoria).

I think they're more orange-y / beige-y than actual buff brick and lack the nice variety in colour and texture in real brick, but seem decent nonetheless.
(03-19-2018, 11:45 AM)urbd Wrote:

APCB: Architectural Pre-cast Concrete Brick.
https://slenderwall.com/benefits/slender...cast-brick
Photo 
[Image: FbgayGzr.jpg]

https://i.imgur.com/FbgayGzr.jpg

First piece of glass installed as well as some 'brick'. Concrete has been poured for the 16th floor, which means 1 floor left!

Thanks for the photo update, I am really looking forward to seeing the finished podium.
This combined with Garment Street is going to have such a strong street presence for this block.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »