Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
(09-09-2016, 04:56 PM)BrianT Wrote: Momentum is adding to their holdings. http://cbreemail.com/rv/ff0096228757fb85...821900d2e8 They are planning a 4-storey office building on this site.

A good catch, Brian!

Here are the properties:
[Image: 100-118_Victoria_St_S_-_Picture_(NEW).png]

This makes it easier for any change in the Victoria/Bramm corner to have towers, with this office building acting as defacto podium.
Nice find, I didn't see the mention of the 4 story office building.

I wonder if this is the upcoming development that was alluded to by Momentum a couple of dates back?
Is it a separate project or part of this one?
I wonder if this was their contingency plan in case the OMB ruling didn't go their way for the One Hundred development?  The extra space would allow for additional setback.

The deal was probably pending for a while and since the OMB ruled in their favour they can move forward with this lot as a separate development.

The previous owner of 118 Victoria probably didn't take part in Momentum's OMB case for a reason.  I recall that when the One Hundred project was first announced,someone had mentioned that Momentum was in discussion to acquire an adjacent property as well
Finally some real action down at the site... !

[Image: yeyfXSV.jpg]
(10-26-2016, 10:07 AM)Owen Wrote: Finally some real action down at the site...  !

[Image: yeyfXSV.jpg]

I feel like things got going in the winter at 1Vic too

I didn't realize the Zehr Group had gotten in on this project. They're definitely getting their feet into the DTK mix.
So is it 15 and 19 stories or 17 and 21?

Also fantastic to see this project kicked off!!
(10-31-2016, 10:24 AM)rangersfan Wrote: So is it 15 and 19 stories or 17 and 21?

It will be 15 and 19 stories above a three-storey podium.  So 18 and 22 stories.
Can anyone remind me how long One Victoria took between ground-breaking and substantial completion?
(10-31-2016, 10:35 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 10:24 AM)rangersfan Wrote: So is it 15 and 19 stories or 17 and 21?

It will be 15 and 19 stories above a three-storey podium.  So 18 and 22 stories.

On the images on their site I count 12 and 16 stories above the podium, so 15 and 19 total.

(10-31-2016, 11:46 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 10:35 AM)jgsz Wrote: It will be 15 and 19 stories above a three-storey podium.  So 18 and 22 stories.

On the images on their site I count 12 and 16 stories above the podium, so 15 and 19 total.

I'm calling 20 & 16...

Coke
(10-31-2016, 01:31 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 11:46 AM)tomh009 Wrote: On the images on their site I count 12 and 16 stories above the podium, so 15 and 19 total.

I'm calling 20 & 16...

Coke

That rendering was never updated - The tower was changed when it was moved from 3m setback to 6m setback - Council approved an increase in height with the change in setback (fall 2014), so I would take the heights stated on their website (18 and 22) as the most accurate (and as a side note, this is consistent with the 15 and 19 quoted in the 570 news article, as those would be referring to the tower height excluding 3 storey podium)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »