Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
The most recent one ^ does not show for me. The link takes me to barely a dot of a picture (?)

[Image: VQh3CBq.jpg]

https://i.imgur.com/VQh3CBq.jpg
Does anyone know if the underground parkings for One Hundred, Garmin Street, and Glove Box are connected?
From what I've heard, the idea is that 'office parking' would be harvested from the condo parking at Garment St. Condos when it's all said and done. Whether the 3 Condos share the same garage I couldn't say. I don't think so but could be wrong.
(01-05-2020, 12:52 AM)519 Wrote: Does anyone know if the underground parkings for One Hundred, Garmin Street, and Glove Box are connected?

Judging by the massive door sized holes in some of the concrete walls, I think they will be.
[Image: n1AXKSu.jpg]

https://i.imgur.com/n1AXKSu.jpg
^ I don't think the picture uploaded correctly. I seem a black screen with 2 or 3 pixel sized specs.

Things are happening! It's been a pretty good winter for construction so far, essentially no snow on the ground at the end of January. It looks kind of like the roof of the Glove Box is partially removed.
I'm able to see the picture. I'm using Safari on Mac OS X Catalina.
Can someone who's purchased a pre-construction unit at 100 Victoria/1 Victoria/other Momentum project give any insight into the upgrades you chose for the unit? Looking for opinions as I have to pick my upgrades for Charlie West soon. Specifically, I'm looking for information on how the quality of the installed flooring is ("engineered plank" vs "vinyl plank" vs "premium vinyl"), the lighting upgrades, sliding bathroom door and bathroom floor/wall tiles. Comments on other upgrades you loved or hated such as the cabinets, pre-installed TV mounts and closet organizers are welcome too!
(02-01-2020, 08:11 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote: Can someone who's purchased a pre-construction unit at 100 Victoria/1 Victoria/other Momentum project give any insight into the upgrades you chose for the unit? Looking for opinions as I have to pick my upgrades for Charlie West soon. Specifically, I'm looking for information on how

I got about $20k in upgrades because I am personally living in it. From what I hear, rental purchases spend about $5k. The one thing I "regret" is not telling them I wanted an ethernet connection in the living room. It's only in my master bedroom and den, but apparently you have to tell them that when you sign.

Quote:the quality of the installed flooring is ("engineered plank" vs "vinyl plank" vs "premium vinyl"),

I got Engineered Wide Plank Silver Gray. I absolutely love this upgrade. Everyone that comes over compliments the flooring. I notice in one panel that it's starting to creak a bit, but otherwise solid quality. What you should look out for is gapping between the flooring and the base boards.

Quote:the lighting upgrades,

I got option 3 for $3500. It includes 26 or 27 recessed LED pot lights. I recommend this personally because lighting is important for condos, but option 2 would be ok too.

Quote:sliding bathroom door

My sliding door is from Maxx. It's pretty basic but I think it's decent. I believe it's this one: https://maax.com/en/product/halo-pro-sli...-mm_138952

Quote:bathroom floor/wall tiles

Bathroom/landing tile is 6" x 24" Porcelain Timber Grey, shower tile is 12" x 24" Gloss Vena White. Highly recommend both, both are very good quality and look incredible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxAGcPYAElz/

The shower tile in this is the same, and the floor tile is similar but it's just a little bit darker.

Quote:Comments on other upgrades you loved or hated such as the cabinets, pre-installed TV mounts and closet organizers are welcome too!

I got gloss white cabinets and black double thick counters. It looks good together.

What I somewhat regret is my lazy suzan upgrade, mainly because I don't use it since there is a lot of cabinet storage to use. lol.

For the TV upgrade, I think it's a little bit of a waste of money unless you really care about aesthetics. Mounting a TV isn't too hard, but they do fish the wires through the wall if you choose that option.

I got the grey paint upgrade and I regret it a little. It looks good but some of the paint work is really sloppy.

I also really like my double wide kitchen sink.
(02-02-2020, 05:22 PM)artembunglito Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 08:11 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote: Can someone who's purchased a pre-construction unit at 100 Victoria/1 Victoria/other Momentum project give any insight into the upgrades you chose for the unit? Looking for opinions as I have to pick my upgrades for Charlie West soon. Specifically, I'm looking for information on how

I got about $20k in upgrades because I am personally living in it. From what I hear, rental purchases spend about $5k. The one thing I "regret" is not telling them I wanted an ethernet connection in the living room. It's only in my master bedroom and den, but apparently you have to tell them that when you sign.

Quote:the quality of the installed flooring is ("engineered plank" vs "vinyl plank" vs "premium vinyl"),

I got Engineered Wide Plank Silver Gray. I absolutely love this upgrade. Everyone that comes over compliments the flooring. I notice in one panel that it's starting to creak a bit, but otherwise solid quality. What you should look out for is gapping between the flooring and the base boards.

Quote:the lighting upgrades,

I got option 3 for $3500. It includes 26 or 27 recessed LED pot lights. I recommend this personally because lighting is important for condos, but option 2 would be ok too.

Quote:sliding bathroom door

My sliding door is from Maxx. It's pretty basic but I think it's decent. I believe it's this one: https://maax.com/en/product/halo-pro-sli...-mm_138952

Quote:bathroom floor/wall tiles

Bathroom/landing tile is 6" x 24" Porcelain Timber Grey, shower tile is 12" x 24" Gloss Vena White. Highly recommend both, both are very good quality and look incredible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxAGcPYAElz/

The shower tile in this is the same, and the floor tile is similar but it's just a little bit darker.

Quote:Comments on other upgrades you loved or hated such as the cabinets, pre-installed TV mounts and closet organizers are welcome too!

I got gloss white cabinets and black double thick counters. It looks good together.

What I somewhat regret is my lazy suzan upgrade, mainly because I don't use it since there is a lot of cabinet storage to use. lol.

For the TV upgrade, I think it's a little bit of a waste of money unless you really care about aesthetics. Mounting a TV isn't too hard, but they do fish the wires through the wall if you choose that option.

I got the grey paint upgrade and I regret it a little. It looks good but some of the paint work is really sloppy.

I also really like my double wide kitchen sink.

Thanks for the detailed reply, that helps a ton! I'm looking to live in it myself and I'm hoping looking to pay for around $15k in upgrades directly from Momentum. I agree with the full suite lighting upgrade being great for condos and I'm getting it, but the price seems quite high to me, even after taking into account that it's coming from the builder. The lazy susan seems unnecessary to me as well, but I do want drawers and feel a little shocked that they're an upgrade for both the kitchen and the bathroom (aren't drawers an expectation??). I'm also looking at getting white cabinets with a black countertop as I think the contrast will look very striking, so I'm glad that it worked out for you! For your sliding bathroom door, I take it that you installed it yourself/with a contractor then? Their offered ~$2000 for the bathroom door upgrade is high, and I definitely feel that there's at least a couple hundred in savings to be had if I hired a contractor to do those (same for window blinds and TV mount). Not sure if the lighting upgrades could also be done by a contractor as I've read online that if new wires need to be run, that could ruin the ceiling if it needs to be broken and resealed.
Thank you for your information. Your bathroom looks great and I agree with your comments about the flooring, looks amazing. Do you know off hand who the flooring is made by ? I really like it.

Can you guys share a bit more about that lighting upgrade? Are we talking pot lights throughout? What's the distance bw each? Is that for sure that the ceiling would need to be cut? Electricians are pretty darn good about feeding wiring etc...
(02-02-2020, 09:02 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote: Thanks for the detailed reply, that helps a ton! I'm looking to live in it myself and I'm hoping looking to pay for around $15k in upgrades directly from Momentum. I agree with the full suite lighting upgrade being great for condos and I'm getting it, but the price seems quite high to me, even after taking into account that it's coming from the builder. The lazy susan seems unnecessary to me as well, but I do want drawers and feel a little shocked that they're an upgrade for both the kitchen and the bathroom (aren't drawers an expectation??). I'm also looking at getting white cabinets with a black countertop as I think the contrast will look very striking, so I'm glad that it worked out for you! For your sliding bathroom door, I take it that you installed it yourself/with a contractor then? Their offered ~$2000 for the bathroom door upgrade is high, and I definitely feel that there's at least a couple hundred in savings to be had if I hired a contractor to do those (same for window blinds and TV mount). Not sure if the lighting upgrades could also be done by a contractor as I've read online that if new wires need to be run, that could ruin the ceiling if it needs to be broken and resealed.

I got the sliding door upgrade, that's what it came with. I also opted not to do blinds because it was $6500 for motorized ones that didnt seem that great. I ended up getting Lutron blinds for more than that though lol. You can definitely get it for cheaper though.

(02-03-2020, 09:41 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Thank you for your information.  Your bathroom looks great and I agree with your comments about the flooring, looks amazing.  Do you know off hand who the flooring is made by ?  I really like it.

I don't have that information unfortunately. Maybe hellocharliewest can get it when they go in for selections.
(02-04-2020, 04:09 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Can you guys share a bit more about that lighting upgrade? Are we talking pot lights throughout? What's the distance bw each? Is that for sure that the ceiling would need to be cut? Electricians are pretty darn good about feeding wiring etc...

They're about 2 feet apart and there's a hole in the ceiling for each since they're recessed. Each of them have a driver too that needs to be hooked up.
  • 4 in the hall
  • 6 in my den.
  • 6 in bedroom
  • 1 in bathroom shower
  • 6 in living room
  • 4 in kitchen

I have them set up with Lutron Caseta switches. So I've automated my lighting and blinds based on time, it's great.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »