Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
(09-12-2019, 05:42 PM)taylortbb Wrote: I wonder when works starts on the office, looks like they're still using it for parking and storing equipment. I'd thought it'd be coming later, but with the news that KPMG has leased the top floor I assume they're planning for it to start soon.

Depends on how long KPMG still has on the lease of its current premises.  Could be a couple of years yet.

(09-12-2019, 07:01 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:42 PM)taylortbb Wrote: I wonder when works starts on the office, looks like they're still using it for parking and storing equipment. I'd thought it'd be coming later, but with the news that KPMG has leased the top floor I assume they're planning for it to start soon.

Depends on how long KPMG still has on the lease of its current premises.  Could be a couple of years yet.

My understanding is that move-in date is September 2021. So about 2 years. Should be do-able.
Photo 
[Image: q5DqOBK.jpg]
They are digging squares beside the upcoming parking garage for the tower. They're also filling the garage with dirt????

They also put dirt on the brick road for the condo and had a machine patting it down. Not really sure what it's for.
(09-18-2019, 07:26 PM)artembunglito Wrote: They are digging squares beside the upcoming parking garage for the tower. They're also filling the garage with dirt????

They also put dirt on the brick road for the condo and had a machine patting it down. Not really sure what it's for.

Is it a thick layer? If so, I speculate it might be protecting it from heavy machinery.

If thin, I speculate that it is sand to fill the gaps between the bricks.
(09-18-2019, 11:28 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 07:26 PM)artembunglito Wrote: They are digging squares beside the upcoming parking garage for the tower. They're also filling the garage with dirt????

Is it a thick layer? If so, I speculate it might be protecting it from heavy machinery.

If thin, I speculate that it is sand to fill the gaps between the bricks.

Looks thick, so I guess that makes sense. There are no bricks down there.
[Image: CaK4t4O.jpg]

[Image: UOevsqV.jpg]
lots of progress in the past two days. Second crane up and more concrete poured
is the garment tower not taller than the second 100 tower. if so why is the garment tower crane shorter than the 100 vic tower crane
Maybe we will have 3 cranes here, that would be a first for this region.

Edit: Or did the Barrel development have 3?
Great shot!!
(09-26-2019, 07:47 PM)Square Wrote: Maybe we will have 3 cranes here, that would be a first for this region.

Edit:  Or did the Barrel development have 3?

I'm thinking they'll dismantle the first one, once the tower is done, then extend the remaining one. We'll see.

I'd guess it'l depend how much of a rush there is for the office component.
That same (currently shorter) crane will be used for both the Garment St (tallest) tower and the office space eh?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »