Hey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics
or Create an Account

Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
They should just form a deal with whatever is going to be the tallest building in the area eventually (transit hub?) and then incorporate the helipad on top of it.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
(06-26-2017, 11:31 AM)The Record Wrote: Nav Canada, which owns and operates Canada's civil air navigation service, issued a notice to pilots about the helipad being closed on Wednesday and for approximately a week to next Wednesday, said spokesperson Ron Singer.

They were notified (via the NOTAM) of a week long closure.  100 Vic won't be built in a week, so I assume the closure is just to allow for the crane to be completed and properly lit as per regs.

Sounds like a big fuss over nothing....

Coke
Well, the crane has been up for longer than this past Wednesday, so presumably that's still a problem, if it's supposed to be lit. Aren't most tall cranes and buildings like that lit anyway regardless of location?
(06-26-2017, 02:21 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: 100 Vic won't be built in a week,
Coke

Well, well, aren't we a little bit presumptuous.

You need to have a little more faith. They sent men to the moon, this is a cakewalk.
[Image: 36766998273_4358d82e3f_k.jpg]
This the first above ground section.
[Image: 36766994743_d1e3049db9_k.jpg]
Does this have a new thread yet?
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/former-glove...-1.3641973
Yes it does :

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1072
Dec 5, 2017
Poor picture quality due to the early morning hour.

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a big image but it seems a streetlight in the top corner and nothing else? What should I be seeing?
I want to believe.
It's dark cell phone image, it should show the project is up to the third floor.
(12-05-2017, 11:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: It's dark cell phone image, it should show the project is up to the third floor.

Alas, no. Just the streetlight and darkness.

I did find out that if I right-click the image and select "View image" to see the image only (without the WRC web page) I see all of it. But on the WRC web page, most of it is not visible.

I don't think posting images from a mobile site works very well. Looking a your photo of the Deloitte building on Joseph St (with View Image) it turns out that most of that is cut off, too.

I recommend you either resize the photo first (if your phone can do that), or upload it to another site and then post a link to it. It's simply not visible on a desktop browser.
Thats the result of posting via mobile. If attaching an image on desktop there I dont believe is an issue.
(12-05-2017, 08:00 PM)Spokes Wrote: Thats the result of posting via mobile.  If attaching an image on desktop there I dont believe is an issue.

I think you are right. At this point I suspect it's not likely to get fixed by MyBB, as it's been an issue for years already. I wonder if it might be possible to display a warning if attaching a photo via the mobile site?
(12-05-2017, 11:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: It's dark cell phone image, it should show the project is up to the third floor.

Here's a better one for everyone Smile

[Image: SySvxBw.jpg]