Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
Speaking of 206 Duke Street East, I went and looked up what 755R was in the zoning bylaw and I found out that it has minimum bicycle parking requirements for R-7 / RES-6 zoned areas. However, it refers to Class A and Class B bicycle stalls. Does anybody know what that means?

I emailed the planning department to see if I could get more info on 206 Duke. So far there is only the application for the demolition and that's all. No site plan has been submitted at all.
I'm honestly surprised the Charles Street testing site has not seen any vandalism from Covidiots yet. There is 24 hour security there, but after hours they basically just sit around and occasionally do a patrol around the property. I kind of expected someone to spray paint some stuff or smash things up in that tent.
I just heard a developer bought 10 Duke St. for $10.5 mil. Anyone hear anything about this?
(08-05-2021, 10:22 AM)WaterLouGehrig Wrote: I just heard a developer bought 10 Duke St. for $10.5 mil. Anyone hear anything about this?

East or West? 10 Duke W is an office condos project, just got redeveloped. Unless sales have totally failed it'd be difficult for a developer to buy out.

10 Duke E appears to be part of the Duke Food Block, which we already know Vive purchased a couple years ago.

(08-05-2021, 10:26 AM)taylortbb Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 10:22 AM)WaterLouGehrig Wrote: I just heard a developer bought 10 Duke St. for $10.5 mil. Anyone hear anything about this?

East or West? 10 Duke W is an office condos project, just got redeveloped. Unless sales have totally failed it'd be difficult for a developer to buy out.

10 Duke E appears to be part of the Duke Food Block, which we already know Vive purchased a couple years ago.

10 Duke W. I confirmed that it has definitely been sold, just not sure which group bought it
Not sure where to post this, but I think it's worth sharing as it's relevant to architecture and urbanism within Waterloo Region. Local architect Roger Farwell - of WalterFedy - passed away in a car accident in Wellesley Township this Wednesday: https://outline.com/gzDuCN

Kitchener: The ultimate turnaround town
Kitchener’s building and renovation permits among highest in province
(08-07-2021, 01:25 PM)Acitta Wrote:
Kitchener: The ultimate turnaround town

Great article, thanks
(06-26-2021, 05:14 PM)ac3r Wrote: Does anyone know if they're renovating the Oktoberfest building downtown? I've noticed the windows are boarded up and they have bins outside of the building.

Found some renders

(08-08-2021, 06:12 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 05:14 PM)ac3r Wrote: Does anyone know if they're renovating the Oktoberfest building downtown? I've noticed the windows are boarded up and they have bins outside of the building.

Found some renders

Yes please! What a change that would be for an otherwise dead intersection. Really hope they keep the plans for trees.
(08-08-2021, 07:55 PM)cherrypark Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 06:12 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Found some renders

Yes please! What a change that would be for an otherwise dead intersection. Really hope they keep the plans for trees.

Yes, hope so. It actually already has trees, but the area is so inactive, you'd barely even notice.

It's a shame they missed the opportunity to really improve that area when the LRT was built. But the region's gonna region.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »