Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
A different view of the DTK tower ...

Today
Here's a view from the very top of Duke Tower: https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/comme..._taking_a/

Edit: They redid the video with a slower pan that looks a bit better. Good view!
The top of the hill at McLennan Park might be the best skyline view in the city. I highly recommend going to check it out. Counted over 15 cranes up there. Unfortunately my iPhone camera does not work at a distance so no pics haha
Today
If it were not for the black and grey parts of the façade, this would be acceptable. Those two colours just make this look so weird.
(06-18-2021, 10:02 AM)ac3r Wrote: If it were not for the black and grey parts of the façade, this would be acceptable. Those two colours just make this look so weird.

It seems they've made no progress on the facade since March.  That misaligned piece is still the same.

(06-18-2021, 10:02 AM)ac3r Wrote: If it were not for the black and grey parts of the façade, this would be acceptable. Those two colours just make this look so weird.
I was just thinking the same thing.  Are the metal grilles still slated to be installed on the striped bit?
(06-18-2021, 11:11 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I was just thinking the same thing.  Are the metal grilles still slated to be installed on the striped bit?

I don't think we know. AFAIK they never released new renders after they updated the podium from the original design they had.
(06-18-2021, 11:11 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
I was just thinking the same thing.  Are the metal grilles still slated to be installed on the striped bit?

There are no brackets visible for mounting such grilles, so am not counting on it.
(06-06-2021, 09:14 AM)ac3r Wrote: Here's a view from the very top of Duke Tower: https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/comme..._taking_a/

Edit: They redid the video with a slower pan that looks a bit better. Good view!

He's saying 40 floors plus utilities. Is that the official floor count now?
Can anyone confirm if this is topped out?
(06-25-2021, 06:48 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: Can anyone confirm if this is topped out?

Yes, they're working on a mechanical penthouse level from the look of things.

If it is, then this is now the tallest Canadian structure between Mississauga and Winnipeg - a piece of trivia I just heard.
(06-29-2021, 08:32 PM)KevinL Wrote: If it is, then this is now the tallest Canadian structure between Mississauga and Winnipeg - a piece of trivia I just heard.

Will be, otherwise, it was (or would have been) tallest between the GTA and Edmonton. The building in Winnipeg will be topped out soon as well.

I was doing a floor count and it seems that this building is indeed 41 floors (with 41st floor mechanical penthouse). Likely won't be the tallest in the region for a long time, if that one on Francis goes as planned, plus if Station Park is larger.

That said, I drove thru Toronto this weekend, and on the ETR from 401 to 404 -- and I can't believe how many huge buildings that have going up. It blows my mind, and I think, man, we really have not a lot going on here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »