Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
Stumbled across this old article which implies this development has a third tower bowsting 27 stories. Anyone heard of this?

https://ontarioconstructionnews.com/kitc...e-forward/

(03-19-2021, 08:04 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Stumbled across this old article which implies this development has a third tower bowsting 27 stories. Anyone heard of this?

https://ontarioconstructionnews.com/kitc...e-forward/

Would that not be Garment street which is being built right next to it?
Yep, that's definitely Garment St, which despite branded separately is a fully connected part of the project. The parking garages are interconnected between all four buildings.
Today when I drove by I saw them painting the 'bricks' on Tower 2 to match the same light brownish colour as Tower 1.
(03-19-2021, 10:32 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Yep, that's definitely Garment St, which despite branded separately is a fully connected part of the project. The parking garages are interconnected between all four buildings.

I am always confused by which part is which ... I think we should just call the whole thing 100 Garment St!
(04-14-2021, 12:26 PM)mastermind Wrote: Today when I drove by I saw them painting the 'bricks' on Tower 2 to match the same light brownish colour as Tower 1.

On the podium/parking levels I suspect?  The residential floors are precast "brick" panels with their own colour scheme of grey and dark grey.  Don't think they would pain over them.
Here is the painting in action, and a shot of the three all together.

[attachment=7720]    

(04-16-2021, 10:11 PM)519 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:26 PM)mastermind Wrote: Today when I drove by I saw them painting the 'bricks' on Tower 2 to match the same light brownish colour as Tower 1.

On the podium/parking levels I suspect?  The residential floors are precast "brick" panels with their own colour scheme of grey and dark grey.  Don't think they would paint over them.

I thought the same thing... but it is the tower.  Now I'm thinking the podium will probably be painted too.
(04-19-2021, 07:55 AM)mastermind Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 10:11 PM)519 Wrote: On the podium/parking levels I suspect?  The residential floors are precast "brick" panels with their own colour scheme of grey and dark grey.  Don't think they would paint over them.

I thought the same thing... but it is the tower.  Now I'm thinking the podium will probably be painted too.

I'm happy that they're carrying the colour scheme to tower 2.  IMHO, Momentum made a lot of compromises when they decided to go with pre-cast for tower 2.  This certainly gives it more of the same look overall to tower 1.
https://www.instagram.com/p/COkuRyOgd16/

Partial occupancy of Tower 2 according to Zehr Group Instagram.
[Image: g2TIJu4.jpg]
[Image: hDksBFr.jpg]
I walk by here a few times a week to see the progress, and almost every time I see people crossing Victoria directly in front of the buildings. Considering there are 2 more towers worth of people coming, it makes me quite nervous about someone getting hit here.
I was guilty of that a few times today. Perhaps an island pedestrian crossing could be added out front?

[Image: CU0ATP6.png]

I hope to see a day where Victoria gets a diet. I'm personally not a fan of pedestrian islands at all (or at least how we seem to build them). In pretty much every case we have in the city I'd rather have nothing.
Victoria sucks along this stretch - it's too narrow and windy for an arterial road. I would recommend crossing at Joseph street if you don't want to get run-over.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »