Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
First crane that I have seen where the motor is below the actual crane assembly.

(10-16-2020, 05:45 PM)Square Wrote: First crane that I have seen where the motor is below the actual crane assembly.

Could it be a luffing jib tower crane (one where the jib lifts up and down to change the slewing radius) instead of the normal hammer head tower crane (one where the jib is mounted and can't be moved)?
(09-27-2020, 06:02 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: This reminds me of a thought I had: the construction of the fence along King St. looks more substantial and more carefully done than I usually expect for a fence. I wonder if it will in effect become a huge billboard for the project (in addition to acting as a fence)?
You were right about the billboard. Also, they extended the wooden fence along Wellington except for the gates.    
Holy cranes! What a difference 10 years makes...
"A project intrinsically rooted in history" - Not that this one is particularly bad compared to the usual, but I don't think I've seen any condo advertisements that I didn't find obnoxious.
(10-26-2020, 05:36 PM)Acitta Wrote: You were right about the billboard. Also, they extended the wooden fence along Wellington except for the gates.

I still wish it had windows, but I can’t deny that it looks pretty sharp!
(10-26-2020, 06:20 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: "A project intrinsically rooted in history" - Not that this one is particularly bad compared to the usual, but I don't think I've seen any condo advertisements that I didn't find obnoxious.

I know.  Use that catchphrase on Arrow Lofts, or Kaufman Lofts, but this, I'm not feeling the history.

(10-26-2020, 05:45 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Holy cranes! What a difference 10 years makes...

Yeah cool shot.  If the photographer steps another hundred feet backward or so there can be 5 cranes in the photo!
What history? One dinky structure - the mansion - That they are keeping because they have to?
(10-27-2020, 09:54 AM)Momo26 Wrote: What history? One dinky structure - the mansion - That they are keeping because they have to?

Seriously?
(10-27-2020, 09:54 AM)Momo26 Wrote: What history? One dinky structure - the mansion - That they are keeping because they have to?

It has historical value. Unsure what their plan is for it, though, as I haven't researched.
(10-27-2020, 09:58 AM)panamaniac Wrote:

Seriously?

It's one building. They would tear it down if they could.

Show me where else within this project elements of the Mansion and the history surrounding it are included?
(10-28-2020, 08:18 AM)Momo26 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 09:58 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Seriously?

It's one building. They would tear it down if they could.

Show me where else within this project elements of the Mansion and the history surrounding it are included?

I this case, you need to pretend that there are two properties here, and not one, and that the property with the mansion on it is not any part of the project. You do see this sort of think in cities like Montreal and Toronto.

Yah fair enough.

Glove factory on the other hand is INCLUDED AND FUSED into the Glove Box office project. I'm really looking forward to that.

Circa and this though - it's a formality.
More fencing being put up, lol This site sure is becoming fortified, lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »