Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
Is it typical to wait this long before putting an workers elevator in?

(06-30-2020, 10:56 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: Is it typical to wait this long before putting an workers elevator in?

Yes, the first few floors are fairly easily accessible by the stairs and the elevator can never go right to the top, so you need to wait till there are enough floors in between to make it worth it.
Now we know why they have not started work on the parking podium close to Mary's Place.
DTK as seen across DTK. (Taken from our empty office, in monochrome to avoid colour aberration from the tinted glass.)

This is really going to tower above everything else, and not by a small margin.
Snapped these today driving by. Both DTK and Charlie West are starting to make their impact on the skyline.

http://imgur.com/gallery/KJioO6k

Again I've reached my upload quota so sorry for not posting the picture directly
This is up to 12 storeys now, I'm checking the heights on the buildings where the workers elevator are, they have the numbers posted.

2020-07-24

They are adding about a floor a week.  Soon I won't be able to take pics from above.

That's a great view. Soon I'll be able to see DTK from my office in Hespeler.
That's a picture I would love to see ^. DTK buildings from Hespeler lol. Wait is 40 stories enough to see it from 401 soon as one gets on hwy 8 facing the right way?

Kitchener should consider making a monument that's at least 80 stories tall. Now we're talking.
(07-24-2020, 10:16 PM)Momo26 Wrote: That's a picture I would love to see ^. DTK buildings from Hespeler lol. Wait is 40 stories enough to see it from 401 soon as one gets on hwy 8 facing the right way?

Kitchener should consider making a monument that's at least 80 stories tall. Now we're talking.

I used to have a client on Raglin in Cambridge (which is off of Franklyn) and you could see buildings in Kitchener.

Depending where you are on the 401, you would be able to see DTK, at least from Franklyn Road, going west. And to think, they're just starting the 13 floor, it's only 1/3 the way to topping out.
If this is currently at the 12th floor....So 27 more floors to go?
A floor a week is a pretty good pace

A visible skyline sounds great. We need artistic pieces now, some real award winning stuff! I have a vision for the Charles St terminal (I know its a diff thread). Such potential. Just need the right push from Council and developers involved!
In a situation like that where it's public owned the city could have more say on the design making it conditional of sale....I would think
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »