Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
I stopped by last night as well, it has six segments.

(02-05-2020, 02:17 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I think it is done.  It is a short boom because they will erect another crane for the tower and the boom has clear that crane...  This crane is likely just for the front portion.

It's 100% not done in that photo. There are already more segments on it than in the photo, enough to reach the full property.
It looks like the crane is mostly completed when I drove my around 12:30 this morning.

All this condo/apartment construction in the downtown core is amazing. In 2 or 3 years the DTCore will look totally different. Obviously Young, DTK, Charlie, and Drewlo are going to stand out due to their height (25 minimum). To a lesser extent Garment and 100 Victoria too.
I am waiting for someone to announce 50 stories
Just wait, it won't be long until DTK is outdone. And keep an eye on the old GRT terminal, the Victoria/Joseph area, close to the Drewlo development and possibly Charles/Water in the not-so-near future, too. When they said the LRT will be spurring development, they meant it. Investors are patiently waiting to do more ground breaking around these areas.
(02-06-2020, 02:58 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I am waiting for someone to announce 50 stories
Yes Please! Although if the day ever comes that we get a proposal this size. I would hope it is a showstopper in terms of design.
(02-06-2020, 02:58 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I am waiting for someone to announce 50 stories

Not 50 but the next two ones are 42 and 47 floors.

(02-07-2020, 02:11 AM)jeffster Wrote:

Not 50 but the next two ones are 42 and 47 floors.
What ????  c'mon, you gotta tell us !!!
Dare I say "Station Park" ?
OK, I must ask - do you have inside knowledge or are you just joking?
I don't think Station Park are that tall? I don't remember now...will have to check that thread. Somebody knows sum sum we don't :p....
(02-07-2020, 10:50 AM)panamaniac Wrote: OK, I must ask - do you have inside knowledge or are you just joking?
Cant speak for jeffstar but ac3r is an architect in the region iirc so I'd assume hes got inside knowledge and is legit
(02-07-2020, 12:34 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I don't think Station Park are that tall? I don't remember now...will have to check that thread. Somebody knows sum sum we don't :p....
There are two more towers planned for the future after the current two in the same area, they already have the land ready. At least that's what they said at the sales centre. First time I'm hearing anything about how tall they'll be though!

Time for another photo!

(02-07-2020, 08:26 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 02:11 AM)jeffster Wrote: Not 50 but the next two ones are 42 and 47 floors.
What ????  c'mon, you gotta tell us !!!

Some was in the planning stages which could be seen at City Hall, 7th floor I believe, that had a list of proposals. Many were in the Conestoga College area (like 5 or 6 towers) but some extra in DTK that were less than 50 floors but more than 40.

What will become of anything I have no idea. I am not longer at city hall but a different city facility now.

Generally, one must realize that many of these initial plans are never actually created. For various reasons, NIMBY'ism, financing, red tap, market factors. Everything you can think of.

Cory Blumn, who works at city hall, had an amazing YouTube video of what the city would see in the coming years. I can't find it anymore, but believe me, it was amazing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »