Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
Infill at the corner of Pequegnat Ave and Mansion Street.  There used to be a single-family house facing Pequegnat Ave when I was living in the neighbourhood.  These two buildings represent a small increase in density for the area.

(12-01-2019, 10:03 AM)jgsz Wrote: Infill at the corner of Pequegnat Ave and Mansion Street.  There used to be a single-family house facing Pequegnat Ave when I was living in the neighbourhood.  These two buildings represent a small increase in density for the area.
A cool $1.1M only!

https://www.wattyway.ca/properties/kitch...at-avenue/
And ugly as sin to boot! Among other things, I'm not feeling that roofline at all.
I was actually thinking I like it a lot. I feel it blends into the current neighbourhood .
The duplex (?) in behind looks like it's trying to blend in, but the house on the corner seems quite eccentric to me. Good that it looks like it will be mostly brick, I guess.
(12-01-2019, 12:39 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The duplex (?) in behind looks like it's trying to blend in, but the house on the corner seems quite eccentric to me.  Good that it looks like it will be mostly brick, I guess.

Plot twist: it’s structural brick. Final cladding will be stucco.

You heard it here first. Tongue
(12-01-2019, 12:39 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The duplex (?) in behind looks like it's trying to blend in, but the house on the corner seems quite eccentric to me.  Good that it looks like it will be mostly brick, I guess.

Not a duplex, another single family home. 

https://www.wattyway.ca/properties/kitch...east-ward/

(12-01-2019, 06:08 PM)BruceAshe Wrote:

Not a duplex, another single family home. 

https://www.wattyway.ca/properties/kitch...east-ward/

What I took to be a second front door is actually the balcony above the garage.
(12-01-2019, 11:10 AM)panamaniac Wrote: And ugly as sin to boot!  Among other things, I'm not feeling that roofline at all.

My first thought was it's good looking for triplex and does an okay job of blending in. After looking at the listing from DK519 I change my mind to ugly for a single family home. It's going to look like your family lives in an apartment building.

ETA: How does a modern build that big only have 1.4 baths? Seems like it should be 2.4 or 3?
(12-02-2019, 11:04 AM)Chris Wrote: ETA: How does a modern build that big only have 1.4 baths? Seems like it should be 2.4 or 3?

1.4 baths? There is a bathroom on the loft level, two on the bedroom level and a washroom on the main level. That's 3.5 by my math.
(12-02-2019, 12:02 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 11:04 AM)Chris Wrote: ETA: How does a modern build that big only have 1.4 baths? Seems like it should be 2.4 or 3?

1.4 baths? There is a bathroom on the loft level, two on the bedroom level and a washroom on the main level. That's 3.5 by my math.

The listing should be updated. I didn't scroll through the floor plans, I just read the listing.

2824 Sq Ft
4 Beds
1.4 Baths
New Year Built
In a realtor listing 1.4 baths means

1 full and 4 half baths.
I think they updated the listing to 3.1 baths
3 full and 1 half
(12-02-2019, 01:09 PM)neonjoe Wrote: In a realtor listing 1.4 baths means

1 full and 4 half baths.
I think they updated the listing to 3.1 baths
3 full and 1 half

Thanks, I learn something everyday. My agent never spelled that out for me.

I think they mostly just make it up though. The house we bought was listed as 2 baths and it turned out it was a full bathroom and a toilet in the basement.

Noticed today that the old house on College (at Duke, behind the proposed safe injection site) has been torn down. I remember at one point it was owned by a hoarder who let the house get.... very bad. I wonder if that's why it was torn down? Or is it related to a development?

[Image: H3MoPvE.png]
(12-04-2019, 01:35 PM)twoK Wrote: Noticed today that the old house on College (at Duke, behind the proposed safe injection site) has been torn down. I remember at one point it was owned by a hoarder who let the house get.... very bad. I wonder if that's why it was torn down? Or is it related to a development?

In one of the recent heritage committee meetings the fate of this house was discussed. The demolition was related to the condition of the building.  It had been deemed unsafe a few years ago and was beyond repair.

Edited to Add- https://lf.kitchener.ca/WeblinkExt/0/doc...Page1.aspx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »