Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
I'll be in 44 Gaukel tomorrow afternoon. Is there a publicly-accessible spot with a view from the second floor? I'll set myself a reminder to take a pic from the street level regardless.

There's a meeting room (The Temple of Time) shared between all the tenants that—as long as it's not being used—I don't think anyone would care or notice if you stepped in to grab a few pics!
I could try to get one from inside Manulife
Charlie West earlier today.  Unfortunately, I don't have a telephoto lens...

Was able to snap a few pics, only from ground level though. I'll be back at 44 Gaukel every few weeks so may have more opportunities to get a shot from the second floor.

Thanks for the updates everyone! Heck of a street presence with this one.
    Never tried posting a picture here before so hope this works. 

Today looking out from manulife

Edit: got it working. thanks for the help. Sorry its not the greatest photo. Screenshotted it from snapchat

(11-01-2019, 01:59 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: Never tried posting a picture here before so hope this works. 

Today looking out from manulife

Edit: thought I attached a file but it's not showing up for me

After you click the "Choose File" button and select the attachment you also have to click the "Add Attachment" button to post the attachment to the site. After that the attachment will show in a list of attachments. There will be a new button, I don't know what the label reads, but it is something along the lines of "Insert the attachment". When you click that the attachment name in square brackets (eg "[IMG_4577]") will be in the body of your post.
Great first photo!
Looking great. And this is just the parking podium !!

How visible is that blank concrete wall on Halls Lane going to be from the King St side? I assume it will change out above six storeys? Future site of Kitchener's largest mural?
(11-10-2019, 12:25 PM)panamaniac Wrote: How visible is that blank concrete wall on Halls Lane going to be from the King St side?  I assume it will change out above six storeys?  Future site of Kitchener's largest mural?

Yes, podium (first 6 storeys) only. Due to the grade it's actually blocked better than you'd expect, Charles St is a fair bit lower than King St here. 

Momentum put alley-facing art on the blank wall of the parking garage at 1 Victoria, so it's possible.

Halls Lane along with the other alley lanes in DTK should legitimately be considered artistic sites and allowed to place tasteful murals/graffiti. More character. Or is there an argument to be made it isn't classy?
(11-11-2019, 08:36 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Halls Lane along with the other alley lanes in DTK should legitimately be considered artistic sites and allowed to place tasteful murals/graffiti. More character. Or is there an argument to be made it isn't classy?

Already starting to happen. AOK, the coming soon barcade just across Gaukel from Charlie West, got a beautiful mural painted on the lane side. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3dL7NSgqSy/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »