Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
This development doesn't look like it's going to have any underground parking. Do not see any incline concrete.

2019-10-03

I'm baffled why all that spaghetti like wire (or tubing) has concrete poured over it.  Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

(10-03-2019, 10:23 AM)jgsz Wrote: 2019-10-03

I'm baffled why all that spaghetti like wire (or tubing) has concrete poured over it.  Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

It's flexible conduit. Wire will be pulled in later for lights and receptacles and all of the other electrical things. It's a lot easier and cheaper to run this in the slab than to attach conduits to the bottom later on.
I'm surprised it's put down in such a haphazard way, seems sloppy

EDIT: If it's getting pulled later, I guess that makes more sense.
(10-01-2019, 05:03 PM)Square Wrote: This development doesn't look like it's going to have any underground parking.  Do not see any incline concrete.

You are correct, it will not.
(10-03-2019, 10:36 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm surprised it's put down in such a haphazard way, seems sloppy

EDIT:  If it's getting pulled later, I guess that makes more sense.

Remember the part you can see is the part that isn’t ready for concrete yet. Note that some segments are coiled up. While I doubt they go to great pains to ensure the conduit is absolutely straight before pouring the concrete, they will make sure the conduits go the right place, probably fairly directly, rather than winding all over the place.

I do not envy the guy who has to make sure they all go to the right place. Any errors are literally cast in concrete.
(10-03-2019, 12:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 05:03 PM)Square Wrote: This development doesn't look like it's going to have any underground parking.  Do not see any incline concrete.

Thank you Tom.

I'm very curious how those tiles are used.  Any links or info?

Thank you.

(10-03-2019, 06:47 PM)Square Wrote: I'm very curious how those tiles are used.  Any links or info?

Thank you.

It looks like this system: https://www.peri-usa.com/products/applic...mwork.html
And the wall form are from the same company, probably this: https://www.peri-usa.com/products/applic...mwork.html , but they have three or four similar looking ones.
Thank you Megabytephreak!, those are great links.
(10-03-2019, 10:07 PM)megabytephreak Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 06:47 PM)Square Wrote: I'm very curious how those tiles are used.  Any links or info?

Thank you.

It looks like this system: https://www.peri-usa.com/products/applic...mwork.html
And the wall form are from the same company, probably this: https://www.peri-usa.com/products/applic...mwork.html , but they have three or four similar looking ones.

That's exactly what they're using on this site.  Thanks for the links!
I think they are using the same system at Arrow 2.
(10-03-2019, 12:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

There is 1 level of underground parking.
2019-10-11

They were working late yesterday pouring and leveling cement.

Wow on Sept 23 the left side was still dirt
2019-10-18

All of the basement is covered.  For some reason they took away part of the covered sidewalk on the Frederick Street side.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »