Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
Not a lot of change since last week. Final floor of the garage going up right now, I suspect things will be sped up a bit by next week

[Image: wyviaVW.jpg]

Parking garage done!

[Image: OuZrwsT.jpg]
I love the look of the curved garage podium! Big Grin
Erm I don't think it is curved IRL (the pic distorted it), unless you are being sarcastic haha
I thought the grin would sufficiently demonstrate the sarcasm -- but maybe not!
It would have looked good curved haha

Next project
(10-01-2019, 10:09 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Erm I don't think it is curved IRL (the pic distorted it), unless you are being sarcastic haha

You haven't seen this building in person? The "curve" is definitely real. I suspect it will be fancy and angular, like BB phase 2.

They never updated the renders after they added floors and it looks like the podium is substantially different from the render too.
To me the street level portion of the podium is exactly as the render shows...
Ya, they look the same to me too
(09-28-2019, 07:46 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Parking garage done!

Looks like they're adding another floor to the parking garage, got some of the columns poured so far. Didn't get a photo, but guessing it'll be a 6 floor garage. When they added the additional 5 stories it was 4 tower/1 podium for the units, I guess that also included an additional floor on the parking garage vs the render.
(10-09-2019, 09:29 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: To me the street level portion of the podium is exactly as the render shows...

(10-09-2019, 09:42 AM)Spokes Wrote: Ya, they look the same to me too

It's definitely different. 3 residential floors above the lobby, entry on the corner also looks different
Any new pics? Is the parking garage finished or are they adding another level?

Garage is finished, building is now peeking above the manulife building with the first floor of the tower. Haven't had a chance to get any new pics as I'm no longer in the building across the street!
Too bad, you had a great perspective.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »