Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
The one problem is that with Diesel the acceleration and deceleration times are quite long. This is where the electrification of the lines will help significantly.

Anyone purchase a unit at Station Park this past weekend that doesn't mind sharing details?
(09-09-2019, 09:00 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Anyone purchase a unit at Station Park this past weekend that doesn't mind sharing details?
I thought this page was for HSR and other discussions!!!   I am curious too if anyone e made a purchase !
(09-08-2019, 01:25 AM)artembunglito Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 08:44 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Was at the 'VIP' event today. They have a release of some units. There was a steady stream of people - catered snacks (charcuterie board) from Vincenzos, Four All ice cream, Monogram coffee and a choice of beer and wine.

Overall nice feel - huge 3d table of DTK and it's buildings but all transparent - not in color and no model of Station Park.

Apparently selling a lot including, like I said before, to outside investors.

Pricing - well, seems they plan to single handily raise the bar of price / square foot in DTK by a cool 75 to 200 depending on the unit. If my math is right, the studios being the highest come in at ~750/sqft. One bedroom avg seems 650ish and 2 bedrooms around that too.

Parking 45k
Maintenance .51
5k for rental lease

Hold on, you're saying $750 a square foot? WTF?

My thoughts exactly. That can't be right. Or can it?   Huh
(09-09-2019, 07:00 AM)neonjoe Wrote: The one problem is that with Diesel the acceleration and deceleration times are quite long. This is where the electrification of the lines will help significantly.

With an express train that makes only a few stops, the difference in acceleration becomes less of an issue. And braking capability should not be much different anyway regardless whether the train is powered by diesel fuel or a catenary.
(09-09-2019, 09:19 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 01:25 AM)artembunglito Wrote: Hold on, you're saying $750 a square foot? WTF?

My thoughts exactly. That can't be right. Or can it?   Huh

The pricing for units at Station Park seems way too high - close to $600 sq ft plus $45K for parking.

How do these prices compare to Circa or Charlie West?
(09-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Tony_Plow Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:19 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: My thoughts exactly. That can't be right. Or can it?   Huh

The pricing for units at Station Park seems way too high - close to $600 sq ft plus $45K for parking.

The McGillivray collection (penthouses) at Charlie West were only low $500s per square foot, a 1 bedroom in the lower tower or podium would be like $465/sq ft. Plus $40k for parking. So Station Park is far more expensive than Charlie West, but Charlie West was done before the current run up in condo prices.

(09-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Tony_Plow Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:19 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: My thoughts exactly. That can't be right. Or can it?   Huh

Charlie West, from about two years ago, was roughly $450/sq ft, including a parking space. A 33% increase over two years looks like a bit much.
(09-10-2019, 04:10 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Tony_Plow Wrote: The pricing for units at Station Park seems way too high - close to $600 sq ft plus $45K for parking.

Charlie West, from about two years ago, was roughly $450/sq ft, including a parking space. A 33% increase over two years looks like a bit much.

DT K-Town thinks it's DT Toronto, LOL.
It's a remarkable jump indeed. I was expecting mid to let's say high 500/sqft sans parking, maybe wth the smallest units tipping the 600/sqft mark. I think all but one unit is over 600 with majority over 650. Makes Charlie West look like a bargain
(09-10-2019, 04:10 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Tony_Plow Wrote: The pricing for units at Station Park seems way too high - close to $600 sq ft plus $45K for parking.

Charlie West never bundled parking into any of their units, but $450/sq ft sounds about right for their pricing without parking.
So, it appears that Station Park is charging 2021/2022 prices in 2019.  I don't think there is much money to be made on these units in the near term, especially with all the inventory coming to market in the next 2-3 years.
(09-10-2019, 05:04 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 04:10 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Charlie West, from about two years ago, was roughly $450/sq ft, including a parking space. A 33% increase over two years looks like a bit much.

Charlie West never bundled parking into any of their units, but $450/sq ft sounds about right for their pricing without parking.

The price list I have says that they were included in most of the units. See below:

(09-10-2019, 04:54 PM)Momo26 Wrote: It's a remarkable jump indeed. I was expecting mid to let's say high 500/sqft sans parking, maybe wth the smallest units tipping the 600/sqft mark. I think all but one unit is over 600 with majority over 650. Makes Charlie West look like a bargain

OTIS is about $650 but it's a small high-end building right next to Victoria Park.
(09-10-2019, 05:09 PM)Tony_Plow Wrote: So, it appears that Station Park is charging 2021/2022 prices in 2019.  I don't think there is much money to be made on these units in the near term, especially with all the inventory coming to market in the next 2-3 years.

Well, since move-in probably won’t be until 2023/2024, that works out! Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »