Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cycling in Waterloo Region
I've also observed that underground utility positions have been marked at the intersection, although that might be related to the King St. reconstruction?
Annoyingly the the sign for the King St. work blocks the view of oncoming traffic when crossing southbound.

On my bike ride yesterday, I came across this:

Finally looking at getting a bike rack for my car (2018 Nissan Leaf), any recommendations? I tried searching the forum but wasn't having much luck.

Thanks.
(04-24-2019, 11:20 PM)tvot Wrote: Finally looking at getting a bike rack for my car (2018 Nissan Leaf), any recommendations? I tried searching the forum but wasn't having much luck.

Thanks.

I dont have any advice on a rack, but, how do you like your leaf ?  What kind of range do you get on it ?  Specifically in the winter ?
(04-24-2019, 11:20 PM)tvot Wrote: Finally looking at getting a bike rack for my car (2018 Nissan Leaf), any recommendations? I tried searching the forum but wasn't having much luck.

Thanks.

I don't have personal experience but this will be my next rack.

https://www.seasucker.com/collections/bike
Apparently McPhail's has expanded opened a pop-up location! Just saw a sign at Williamsburg plaza (Westmount /Fischer Hallman) that they are now open in the old Home Hardware space.
That's a big space! I'll have to check it out when I'm in town.

I seem to recall them saying it was a pop-up shop on Facebook a little while ago.
(05-12-2019, 08:36 AM)jamincan Wrote: I seem to recall them saying it was a pop-up shop on Facebook a little while ago.

The signage did strike me as temporary.
That's probably bigger than their original space. Must have gotten it for cheap. As someone who knows the ins and outs of the bike shop business, that's a huge investment, if nothing else, simply in inventory
Interesting tidbit from Reddit. Someone was complaining about the right turn on red restriction at Courtland and Siebert, assuming it was LRT-related. The poster contacted a couple local politicians and got a response from Tom Galloway explaining the change was actually made to reduce right turn collisions with cyclists.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/comme...opping_up/
Dropbike seems to have started their trial. I was actually rather excited to try it out, because its use model fits well with my commute, but apparently they have approved usage zone that only cover areas near downtown. Parking a bike outside those areas leaves you open to fines, which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Oh well, perhaps they'll have a better service up and running when they leave the trial stage.
(05-15-2019, 03:28 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Interesting tidbit from Reddit. Someone was complaining about the right turn on red restriction at Courtland and Siebert, assuming it was LRT-related. The poster contacted a couple local politicians and got a response from Tom Galloway explaining the change was actually made to reduce right turn collisions with cyclists.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/comme...opping_up/

Nice. Right turns on red should be banned everywhere, but the fewer places they're allowed, the better.

(05-16-2019, 06:06 AM)PhilippAchtel Wrote: Dropbike seems to have started their trial. I was actually rather excited to try it out, because its use model fits well with my commute, but apparently they have approved usage zone that only cover areas near downtown. Parking a bike outside those areas leaves you open to fines, which is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Oh well, perhaps they'll have a better service up and running when they leave the trial stage.

Can you share where the map of the usage zone is?
I grabbed a screenshot from the app, and this appears to be the service area.

[Image: xaamKkQ.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »