Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-08-2019, 08:56 AM)plam Wrote: I mean, it's kind of a weird stop and there aren't any buses that go down Seagram Dr. There should probably be a shuttle to WLU.

It seems to me that the 29 or 202 could easily go down Seagram. But what do I know?

Ion update expected at Waterloo Region council meeting Wednesday
(05-03-2019, 10:07 AM)urbd Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 09:02 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Thinking about this, this is a really positive sign that revenue service is getting close. They surely would not be applying the GRT livery now if they were expecting revenue service to still be six months away.

Exactly. I really think we are finally one to two months away from launch!

Spotted 514 around 8 PM last night, also in the GRT revenue service livery.

And saw two trains (510 and 512 maybe?) this morning before 7 AM, south of Cameron Heights. They are definitely getting a lot of running now.
(05-08-2019, 11:25 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 10:07 AM)urbd Wrote: Exactly. I really think we are finally one to two months away from launch!

Spotted 514 around 8 PM last night, also in the GRT revenue service livery.

And saw two trains (510 and 512 maybe?) this morning before 7 AM, south of Cameron Heights. They are definitely getting a lot of running now.

there are two that pass each other at block line station at about 8 every morning.
(05-07-2019, 11:37 PM)plam Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 11:11 PM)KevinL Wrote: Nor any connections to the 12, 26, or 202. Madness.

Should be a 5 minute walk to the 12 at University of Waterloo, unless that's changing?

I doesn't see how routes this important (especially the 202) should have that long a walking transfer to the rapid transit backbone.
It's more than five minutes. And it sucks in the winter.
(05-08-2019, 01:42 PM)timc Wrote: It's more than five minutes. And it sucks in the winter.

Was that not a university decision to limit the number of busses on ring road?

There are ways to make connections without using Ring Road.
Well it's officially happening:

LRT launch date to be announced Wednesday night
(05-08-2019, 02:05 PM)timc Wrote: There are ways to make connections without using Ring Road.

Which also suck, since they require ‘express’ buses to divert from their route, with at least one left turn each way.
So connect to a non-express bus.
Can someone please confirm if the meeting/announcement will be livestreamed on the Youtube page? I'm debating going to the meeting or having a ION party at my place to watch the livestream instead Tongue
(05-08-2019, 03:35 PM)urbd Wrote: Can someone please confirm if the meeting/announcement will be livestreamed on the Youtube page? I'm debating going to the meeting or having a ION party at my place to watch the livestream instead Tongue

I just tweeted to confirm but it looks like it

(05-08-2019, 03:35 PM)urbd Wrote: Can someone please confirm if the meeting/announcement will be livestreamed on the Youtube page? I'm debating going to the meeting or having a ION party at my place to watch the livestream instead Tongue

All meetings are live streamed. Region of Waterloo YouTube Channel
(05-08-2019, 03:39 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:

I just tweeted to confirm but it looks like it

(05-08-2019, 03:40 PM)Acitta Wrote:

All meetings are live streamed. Region of Waterloo YouTube Channel

Ok thanks so much to both!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »