Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Today's count of LRVs sighted = 3 in Kitchener. One under the train underpass, and two on Charles. It sure looked like simulated service, a train was making a stop at Charles St Terminal, opening the doors, making the door close sound, then dinging before it got going... Still, I don't know what the max count of simultaneous LRVs out is. Is it more than 4 yet?

(05-04-2019, 08:17 PM)neonjoe Wrote: No one has an office on Bridge St between King and McMurray. Woolwich observer = fake news

For that matter, nobody lives in a house at University and Weber, either. I guess our mistake is to assume that the author is sloppy about the truth only in trivial matters like whether anybody actually lives in a house at the point shown on their map when they’re actually sloppy with the truth in all matters.
I saw 7 LRVs over the course of about 2 hours at Waterloo Park and Uptown Waterloo today. That's by far the most I've seen in a single day.
(05-05-2019, 12:55 AM)jwilliamson Wrote: I saw 7 LRVs over the course of about 2 hours at Waterloo Park and Uptown Waterloo today. That's by far the most I've seen in a single day.

Today's count for me is at 2 so far. They must be at more than 4 out at a time now.
(05-05-2019, 12:55 AM)jwilliamson Wrote: I saw 7 LRVs over the course of about 2 hours at Waterloo Park and Uptown Waterloo today. That's by far the most I've seen in a single day.

I got to see one zipping down by the Expressway over by Courtland -- gotta say, very cool and awesome view. There are a lot of parts of Kitchener-Waterloo that we simply never see from the ground while driving, biking or walking. The LRT will change this.
(05-04-2019, 08:45 PM)plam Wrote: Today's count of LRVs sighted = 3 in Kitchener. One under the train underpass, and two on Charles. It sure looked like simulated service, a train was making a stop at Charles St Terminal, opening the doors, making the door close sound, then dinging before it got going... Still, I don't know what the max count of simultaneous LRVs out is. Is it more than 4 yet?

I was listening to the radio chatter on Saturday, and after one of the "Attention all LRVs" messages I counted 6 reporting back with acknowledgements.  I don't know if they were actually all out on the alignment or not, but it was great to hear!
There was heavy LRT movement yesterday afternoon at Erb and Caroline, but a frequent repetitions in the LRVs used. They must have been short turning (KCI?). I didn't get a chance to keep track of which ones went by, but I kept enough track to recognize a repeat number.

(05-06-2019, 12:27 PM)nms Wrote: There was heavy LRT movement yesterday afternoon at Erb and Caroline, but a frequent repetitions in the LRVs used.  They must have been short turning (KCI?). I didn't get a chance to keep track of which ones went by, but I kept enough track to recognize a repeat number.

Also on Saturday.  I don't know if this matters long term, but the light is programmed wrong here. When the LRT phase ends, Erb gets a green, at least when I was there, that happened every time. This is a problem when the next LRV arrives before Caroline gets a green.
(05-06-2019, 02:25 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 12:27 PM)nms Wrote: There was heavy LRT movement yesterday afternoon at Erb and Caroline, but a frequent repetitions in the LRVs used.  They must have been short turning (KCI?). I didn't get a chance to keep track of which ones went by, but I kept enough track to recognize a repeat number.

Also on Saturday.  I don't know if this matters long term, but the light is programmed wrong here. When the LRT phase ends, Erb gets a green, at least when I was there, that happened every time. This is a problem when the next LRV arrives before Caroline gets a green.

You should tweet or send this to the ION team. Seems important enough to point out?
(05-06-2019, 03:39 PM)urbd Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 02:25 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Also on Saturday.  I don't know if this matters long term, but the light is programmed wrong here. When the LRT phase ends, Erb gets a green, at least when I was there, that happened every time. This is a problem when the next LRV arrives before Caroline gets a green.

You should tweet or send this to the ION team. Seems important enough to point out?

*shrugs*...I've given up trying to get them to fix signals. There are still ped signals giving priority to cars who wish to crash head long into a retaining wall at Moore St.

I'm more likely to reprogram them myself than bother wasting my time with regional engineers.
Mill Station is getting it's artwork tomorrow morning, according to Tom Galloway on Twitter.
(05-06-2019, 08:13 PM)timio Wrote: Mill Station is getting it's artwork tomorrow morning, according to Tom Galloway on Twitter.

Any news on the birbs?
Canard seems to have disappeared from these boards (still on Facebook), I'm sure he'd know if they were coming.

Tom Galloway having a bit of fun on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14/statu...8924916736
(05-07-2019, 11:53 AM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Tom Galloway having a bit of fun on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/tomjgalloway14/statu...8924916736

Thanks for reaching out.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »