Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
It seems to be an Orleans Express bus, which is Keolis' interurban bus service in Quebec.

[Image: 25299718_10155929374715419_2712850222053...e=5D22AC40]

(02-22-2019, 02:53 PM)Canard Wrote: Well this is fun!  Was out for lunch today and we saw 513 right behind 502 (like RIGHT behind) coming down King St. toward Central Station.  About 15 people were onboard 502, and 513 was filled with sandbags!

A little bit later, we saw them again, chasing each other NB... and I had to wonder if maybe they're testing the ATC system under fully-loaded conditions (ie, have 513 encroach on 502's moving block and see if it stops automatically)?

It's quite possible that's what it was for. SigTest has been doing a bunch of stuff lately with the LRVs (coupled and uncoupled) so I wouldn't be surprised.

(02-22-2019, 02:53 PM)Canard Wrote: ...as a bonus, check out this coach bus!

Wonder where it came from, and who's here for show-and-tell?

Haven't had the radio on at all so maybe all the answers are there, heh...

Could have shuttled in some higher-ups from Keolis for a tour/meetup.
(02-22-2019, 07:12 PM)Canard Wrote: The only other Keolis locations in Canada are all in Quebec.

While it is theoretically possible it’s a chartered bus from Quebec I think that’s highly unlikely - I think it’s far more likely it’s here for something to do with ION, or Keolis itself.

Sorry to burst your bubble... But just saw this bus pull out of Waterloo Memorial Rec Complex around 4:15pm today - it was carrying athletes for the Synchronized Skating Championship this weekend. Lots of other coaches from various companies in Quebec and Ontario as well. You might see it there again tomorrow for the final day of the tournament.
Ah, so a Quebec skating team chartered it for the weekend, then.
I think I saw at least two out? (508 and maybe 504?)
Mike Farwell is suggesting the opening day will be in May. Which would be very pleasant!

While obviously the sooner the better, that's what a lot of people were expecting I think
Not saying he's right or wrong, but I wouldn't put any faith in his opinion. He is guessing, just like the rest of us are.
(02-26-2019, 03:20 PM)Canard Wrote: Not saying he's right or wrong, but I wouldn't put any faith in his opinion.  He is guessing, just like the rest of us are.

I mean, his position in media can and does give him access to information before its released to the rest of us. I wouldn't dismiss this as just guessing as if he was just anybody.

PS. I want this to be true so so bad!
For pure vanity reasons (it's my birthday!), starting service on May 10 would be amazing.

Edit to add: More realistically, Victoria Day Weekend would be a great time for a launch.
They just installed a railing along tracks/sidewalk between between Wilson Ave and Fairway Station here: https://goo.gl/maps/f6rjFsuaXkP2

I was wondering if they would add something there since the dropdown isn't insignificant and it's a safety issue with people walking next to the tracks anyways.
(02-26-2019, 01:52 PM)welltoldtales Wrote: Mike Farwell is suggesting the opening day will be in May. Which would be very pleasant!

Does anyone know if this date allows them to complete testing? Just wondering if it is even feasible.

(02-26-2019, 03:28 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: For pure vanity reasons (it's my birthday!), starting service on May 10 would be amazing.

Edit to add: More realistically, Victoria Day Weekend would be a great time for a launch.

One heck of a birthday present!
(02-26-2019, 06:21 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 03:28 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: For pure vanity reasons (it's my birthday!), starting service on May 10 would be amazing.

One heck of a birthday present!

We'll all come out for the party!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »