Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-11-2018, 08:50 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: According to CTV Kitchener at least 1 vehicle has achieved PAC https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1561995

A FB post says it was 511. When is the next report due again?

What is the PAC status in this context?
I believe it means Preliminary Acceptance Certirificate. It’s first little gold star. Smile (They grow up so fast!)
(12-11-2018, 10:44 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 08:50 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: According to CTV Kitchener at least 1 vehicle has achieved PAC https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1561995

A FB post says it was 511. When is the next report due again?

probably next week at council.
(12-12-2018, 06:37 AM)Canard Wrote: I believe it means Preliminary Acceptance Certirificate. It’s first little gold star. Smile (They grow up so fast!)

I suspect the rest will play "Follow the leader" over the next couple of weeks. Once one gets PAC the rest usually aren't far behind. I hope the Region has their inspector on speed dial.
Wow, a positive story by the CTV for a change !!
(12-12-2018, 06:37 AM)Canard Wrote: I believe it means Preliminary Acceptance Certirificate. It’s first little gold star. Smile (They grow up so fast!)

Huh. They are coupling 502 and 503 in the yard at the moment.

This is exciting news then!
514 is out today!
I saw 510 downtown thos afternoon
There is a trailer coming out tomorrow for some sort of documentary about ION.

https://www.facebook.com/rideION/photos/...680862959/
3 LRV’s on their way out today for testing and training, after a rough start dealing with ice on the OCS in the yard.

Edit: 514 is getting ready to come out now, too.

(12-15-2018, 12:05 PM)Canard Wrote: […]

Nice trailer. I can’t help but observe that if they have the time to make the trailer, never mind the whole documentary, they should have had time to answer a few questions on Twitter from interested citizens.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »