Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(12-04-2018, 01:19 PM)KevinT Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 09:18 AM)trainspotter139 Wrote: The third spacer car stays in Lancaster Yard when they bring it up. It's not needed for the nightly train as they shunt the LRVs to the last cars of the train. The CN Freights from Kingston to Mac Yard and from Mac Yard to Kitchener however may have them in the middle so they use an extra spacer for the end.

The majority of single LRV deliveries took the rear spacer flat up the spur as well, while the only other double LRV delivery also left it in Lancaster.

It seems to me for the double LRV deliveries they have to leave the rear spacer behind or they won’t fit in the siding. It’s pretty tight with the two. Single delivery I guess could go either way depending on what the crew feels like
[Image: 7QpXKXy.jpg]

(12-04-2018, 09:06 PM)jason897 Wrote: It seems to me for the double LRV deliveries they have to leave the rear spacer behind or they won’t fit in the siding. It’s pretty tight with the two. Single delivery I guess could go either way depending on what the crew feels like

[Image: 7QpXKXy_d.jpg]

Agreed. The delivery flatcars generally travel in triplets (two spacers plus one custom carrier), so it's less work to take all three up to Waterloo so they don't have to reassemble the set at Lancaster when the empties come back. For the double deliveries though, yeah, I doubt that five would fit in that siding that they use in Waterloo.
Ok I just looked through all of mabudden’s delivery videos and looks like all of the single deliveries kept the rear spacer. Which makes sense as per above.
Do find it interesting looking back at 504 and 505 where there were the odd freight cars tailing behind the LRV. Those got dropped into the siding too?
(12-05-2018, 03:05 AM)jason897 Wrote: Ok I just looked through all of mabudden’s delivery videos and looks like all of the single deliveries kept the rear spacer. Which makes sense as per above.
Do find it interesting looking back at 504 and 505 where there were the odd freight cars tailing behind the LRV. Those got dropped into the siding too?

They got cut out of the consist before the train backed into the siding then hooked up again.
All 14 LRVs are now delivered!!!

The offload --> https://twitter.com/mrjasonli/status/107...1383067649
So we have all the trains -- could someone update us on which of the trains now have the Grandlinx equipment installed?
(12-07-2018, 10:59 AM)tomh009 Wrote: So we have all the trains -- could someone update us on which of the trains now have the Grandlinx equipment installed?

Could the answer be "all of them" (though we have no confirmation)? The last communication was that we had not signed off on preliminary acceptance on any of them though.

I think 502-508 were having it installed in Waterloo, so if any don't have it they'll be in that batch.
That looks like a print on a common mass produced shirt based off the tag.
(12-07-2018, 01:38 PM)KevinL Wrote: I think 502-508 were having it installed in Waterloo, so if any don't have it they'll be in that batch.

Also 509.
(12-07-2018, 10:59 AM)tomh009 Wrote: So we have all the trains -- could someone update us on which of the trains now have the Grandlinx equipment installed?

From the last report on November 6th, I think that 505 to 509 still need the equipment.  Yet I heard on the radio that 508 was out a few days ago?
(12-07-2018, 10:28 PM)Square Wrote:

From the last report on November 6th, I think that 505 to 509 still need the equipment.  Yet I heard on the radio that 508 was out a few days ago?

They don’t need the FIE in order to operate; just to operate service in the fashion that is planned. So depending on what sort of testing they are doing, they might still be able to use FIE-non-equipped vehicles.

A lot of the testing of late has been operator training, much of which could be accomplished in non FIE equipped vehicles while the early FIE checkout and debug was done with just 511. In the last two or three days I've only been hearing the 'delivered with FIE' fleet on the radio (510 through 513), so hopefully 505 through 509 are getting their's installed now.
Thank you for the replies. Just caught me by surprise that 508 came out. Maybe testing out some equipment? I think this vehicle was waiting for parts?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »