Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-13-2018, 10:49 AM)trainspotter139 Wrote: There are trains are out today Smile

Where?

(10-13-2018, 10:55 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 10:49 AM)trainspotter139 Wrote: There are trains are out today Smile

Where?

I would assume all over. 511 is out (i would assume somewhere along the Spur Line to as far north as Conestoga Mall but it could be anywhere too) and this tweet (https://twitter.com/rideIONrt/status/105...6488164353) shows 507 in it. I don't know what other vehicles are out though.
I saw one stopped on the Northfield overpass while driving to St Jacobs this morning. No clue which number.
There’s you’re chance, @Spokes! Big Grin
An LRV just crossed Ottawa southbound at Mill (I didn't get the number).

Notably, the signals operated fine on their own; I saw no human intervention.
It's 511. It has no numbers on it yet. By the looks and sounds of things they are taking it around the line to debug the new systems and to make sure they are in working order before they start the real testing of them soon. Especially since 512 should be in the region sometime today.

This is great to see, considering testing was stalled South of basically Borden since the Mill & Hayward crossings were down for the count.

I'd be shocked if 512 actually arrived tonight (it was dark when I got home from work, so couldn't see), considering it was still in Millhaven yesterday. It sat rotting there for over a week - they really do have to dial in the expediency of CN with these deliveries if we want to have a hope of hitting December.
(10-13-2018, 09:19 PM)Canard Wrote: This is great to see, considering testing was stalled South of basically Borden since the Mill & Hayward crossings were down for the count.

I'd be shocked if 512 actually arrived tonight (it was dark when I got home from work, so couldn't see), considering it was still in Millhaven yesterday.  It sat rotting there for over a week - they really do have to dial in the expediency of CN with these deliveries if we want to have a hope of hitting December.

It went through Brampton earlier today so it likely is in Lancaster yard by now
Some lubricators are activated, but this is the first time in weeks (months?) an LRV has gone down here. My guess, based on rumblings is that 511 is allowed down here because the controls issues with CN and the two freight crossings at Ottawa/Mill and Hayward can be resolved with the FIE on 511. As such, the lubricators probably haven’t been optimized. There are dip switches inside that control how many axle counts are required per pump, and the duration of each pump. It’s nearly impossible to dial in that stuff when one vehicle goes by every several hours, only a few times a day.

When vehicles are going by every 15 minutes, they can dial it in within a few hours.

Until then, squealy squeal.

No sign of 512 at Lancaster (as expected).
(10-14-2018, 10:33 AM)Canard Wrote: Some lubricators are activated, but this is the first time in weeks (months?) an LRV has gone down here. My guess, based on rumblings is that 511 is allowed down here because the controls issues with CN and the two freight crossings at Ottawa/Mill and Hayward can be resolved with the FIE on 511. As such, the lubricators probably haven’t been optimized. There are dip switches inside that control how many axle counts are required per pump, and the duration of each pump. It’s nearly impossible to dial in that stuff when one vehicle goes by every several hours, only a few times a day.

When vehicles are going by every 15 minutes, they can dial it in within a few hours.

Until then, squealy squeal.

No sign of 512 at Lancaster (as expected).
That's odd. Someone from the Facebook group saw it go through Guelph yesterday.
(10-14-2018, 10:33 AM)Canard Wrote: Some lubricators are activated, but this is the first time in weeks (months?) an LRV has gone down here. 

I suppose last time might have been Sept 18 when 506 and 509 both went down to Fairway?

I haven’t been watching things too closely since then. I wonder how far south they went with the 508/509 tandem that time when they were spotted on Duke...

511 is out again today!
(10-14-2018, 11:11 AM)jason897 Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 10:33 AM)Canard Wrote: Some lubricators are activated, but this is the first time in weeks (months?) an LRV has gone down here. 

I suppose last time might have been Sept 18 when 506 and 509 both went down to Fairway?

I haven’t been watching things too closely since then. I wonder how far south they went with the 508/509 tandem that time when they were spotted on Duke...

Speaking of lubricators, has anybody else noticed that the one immediately south of the switch in the Waterloo Town Square parking lot is actually in the crossing, leading to grease being spread all over the place by motor vehicles crossing the tracks? Poor placement!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »