Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
1/1 - Saturday, September 15, 2018

King St. Grade Separation Tour - Doors Open Waterloo, 2018

1/1 - Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The grin says it all.

Oh, the stories this hole could tell...
I was hoping we'd get one of your big photo updates soon. Thanks Canard!!

Love the look of these inside.
First fully equipped Ion train on its way to region

"Galloway said the service is still on track to launch in December. However, there's "no wiggle room for any major or significant delays.""
(09-20-2018, 05:21 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: First fully equipped Ion train on its way to region

"Galloway said the service is still on track to launch in December. However, there's "no wiggle room for any major or significant delays.""

This is the first thing I recall seeing in the media with an accurate description of what the 'specialized equipment' (as previously referred to in past articles and media statements) is, and I like that they're now calling it the local equipment, i.e. not tying it directly back to Bombardier.  The article still doesn't connect the dots that "Hey, maybe this isn't all on Bombardier.", but at least it has enough detail in it so that the article's readers hopefully can.
(09-18-2018, 04:48 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: Apparently this happened Sunday https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...sh-1052390

The article says the arm was damaged.  But is also says "Total damage from the crash is $25,000." 

I find it difficult to believe the gate arm costs that much.  Did they hit the podium as well, or does that include the damage to the stolen vehicle?

Coke
(09-20-2018, 10:06 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 04:48 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: Apparently this happened Sunday https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...sh-1052390

The article says the arm was damaged.  But is also says "Total damage from the crash is $25,000." 

I find it difficult to believe the gate arm costs that much.  Did they hit the podium as well, or does that include the damage to the stolen vehicle?

Coke
25000 dollars damage for everything, the vehicle included.

New clue in that article; the trains will be on display not just at Oktoberfest, but also Christkindl Market. Since trains are on display on the tracks, parked for people to tour, this means that a train will be parked on the route during the Market, and thus service can't have started during the Market, so opening day will not be earlier than December 10th (market runs December 6-9).
Bus schedule changes generally take effect the Saturday before Christmas anyway, so I've always presumed 'December launch' to mean Dec 21/22.
Once again, LRT will always take priority; they’re not going to change the launch date because of an arbitrary bus schedule.

Saw Tom today touring around some special out-of-town visitors from Germany, I believe!
A herr Shermann, transport minister of Baden-Württemberg, and his retinue.
(09-21-2018, 08:45 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: so opening day will not be earlier than December 10th (market runs December 6-9).

They haven't promised anything more than "december", so my bet is currently on Monday Dec 31st. Though I hope they pull that back to Sunday Dec 30th, to ease in actual service on a slower day.
511 has been spotted in Belleville.

(09-22-2018, 07:35 PM)KevinL Wrote: 511 has been spotted in Belleville.

Yay. That means I didn't miss it while I was out of town.
(09-22-2018, 07:35 PM)KevinL Wrote: 511 has been spotted in Belleville.

I assume this is your source?

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/io...st-1378860
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »