Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(07-28-2018, 03:07 AM)Square Wrote: Edit : I wish ION would publish these like they use to with the Bi-weekly construction updates!

Construction updates were done by Grandlinq. At this point the updates really need to come from the region.

Another classic from the Woolwich Observer's brilliant political cartoonist.

[Image: Kr1coJA.png]
I'm guessing nobody from this newspaper has so much as seen the LRT track then? Nor do they understand that it is possible to walk between two places on planet earth? /sarcasm obviously, but this is such a frustrating stance, both for the LRT and for accessibility.
LOL, WTF? Sure, there had been a never ending slew of rework to fix deficiencies (still happening as of yesterday) but where is it causing an issue blocking traffic? Whenever I see it, it’s always with the trucks parked in the Rapidway.
The irony is he is commenting on wasted tax dollars for which the township doesn't even contribute to on this particular project.  In other words, they have no standing so they should knock it off !!
I called them out on it on twitter.
(07-29-2018, 03:53 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Another classic from the Woolwich Observer's brilliant political cartoonist.

[Image: Kr1coJA.png]

I think The Record needs to join this action, only discuss projects that likewise have little to no effect on them. Perhaps they can start with the LRT in Ottawa or, better yet, Kansas City. THAT would show them.

(07-30-2018, 03:33 PM)Canard Wrote: I called them out on it on twitter.

And ?  What did they say ?
(07-30-2018, 04:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 03:33 PM)Canard Wrote: I called them out on it on twitter.

And ?  What did they say ?

I'm not sure where he called them out on it. I found the picture in their feed, with no replies. I did make a reply to it though, suggesting that they discuss other LRT projects like Toronto, Kansas, etc.

https://twitter.com/woolwichnews/status/...6083738627
(07-30-2018, 05:50 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 04:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: And ?  What did they say ?

I'm not sure where he called them out on it. I found the picture in their feed, with no replies. I did make a reply to it though, suggesting that they discuss other LRT projects like Toronto, Kansas, etc.

https://twitter.com/woolwichnews/status/...6083738627

Nice !!!
(07-30-2018, 06:16 AM)Canard Wrote: LOL, WTF? Sure, there had been a never ending slew of rework to fix deficiencies (still happening as of yesterday) but where is it causing an issue blocking traffic? Whenever I see it, it’s always with the trucks parked in the Rapidway.

Depends how it's looked at.  Malfunctioning signals can block traffic.  Ongoing construction (rework or otherwise) can block traffic.  Lane reductions (pretty much all of King St) can also block traffic since lanes that used to be there are now, well, blocked by the LRT tracks.

Not defending the satire of the cartoon.  But yes a functioning LRT system would make a lot of the criticism go away.  We're not quite there yet unfortunately.
https://twitter.com/Canardiain/status/10...6677262336
(07-30-2018, 08:43 PM)Canard Wrote: https://twitter.com/Canardiain/status/10...6677262336

They're just butthurt that the train isn't going to Elmira, or at least St. Jacob's.

Hey, I’m butthurt it doesn’t go to Elmira or St. Jacob’s. I think of that every time I drive or bike up there, how awesome it would be to see an LRV ripping through the fields...

(Ridiculous; you have to add the "?=t0s" to the end, or some other time index... so I added 1m6s to the end to have it start at the spot where the LRV is going through the field... and it doesn't even work.)
The gates and signals at the UW pedestrian crossing have been activated for more than 10 minutes with no train or Grandlinq employees in sight. People are just ignoring it and sneaking past. This is apparently a fairly regular occurrence.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »