Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conestoga College Waterloo Campus Expansion
(09-18-2017, 11:50 AM)urbd Wrote: What an improvement... I appreciate that the expansion brings the campus much closer to the street.

I hope they are working on buying the Economy Lube property on the corner. That one property would give the college a presence right at Weber and University, which would be a huge improvement for the whole area and make them extremely visible.

The Sonny’s property next door I hope stays Sonny’s forever, however Wink

Going bye this project last night, I was amazed at how much more prominent the campus is going to be fronting University Ave for such a continuous stretch.
(09-18-2017, 12:58 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 11:50 AM)urbd Wrote: What an improvement... I appreciate that the expansion brings the campus much closer to the street.

I hope they are working on buying the Economy Lube property on the corner. That one property would give the college a presence right at Weber and University, which would be a huge improvement for the whole area and make them extremely visible.

The Sonny’s property next door I hope stays Sonny’s forever, however  Wink

Sonny's forever ... was always a Friday and Saturday hangout since I was in high school. and The Glenbriar was rolling skating heaven. 

Should be named a heritage building site ... seriously
(11-20-2017, 10:52 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 12:58 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: I hope they are working on buying the Economy Lube property on the corner. That one property would give the college a presence right at Weber and University, which would be a huge improvement for the whole area and make them extremely visible.

The Sonny’s property next door I hope stays Sonny’s forever, however  Wink

Sonny's forever ... was always a Friday and Saturday hangout since I was in high school. and The Glenbriar was rolling skating heaven. 

Should be named a heritage building site ... seriously

Have their onion rings always been as huge and yummy?

There is something about rundown independent fast food places. Going to a large franchise just isn’t the same.
Sonny's aside, the construction is proceeding nicely. It's actually a larger facility than I expected.

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Hmmmm. It looks … dare I say it, brutalist?

(04-24-2018, 01:27 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Hmmmm. It looks … dare I say it, brutalist?

I hesitate on the "ist".
(04-24-2018, 08:30 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 01:27 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Hmmmm. It looks … dare I say it, brutalist?

I hesitate on the "ist".

HAHAHA.. yes,  I agree.

Mild choice of words, thanks for keeping it positive.
There's still a little stretch of the original University Heights façade, in the middle there. But I imagine that will be gone soon as well...
Not really a fan of cladding material used on that portion of the project.
TFW your institute of higher learning resembles a cross between a cold storage warehouse and the meat packing plant further up the road.

A bold choice.

Yeah, I have to say that the render looks a lot nicer than the actual material that was used. It's a bit more industrial than I was expecting.
(04-24-2018, 11:57 AM)PhilippAchtel Wrote: TFW your institute of higher learning resembles a cross between a cold storage warehouse and the meat packing plant further up the road.

A bold choice.

Third look is that of a multi-story monthly rental units building ... University Avenue is now stuck with this ugly monstrosity for 50 years ... #Conestoga U-Haul Storage ...first month free!

Anyone see a new meme appearing in this thread with signage on the building pic (I'm not an Adobe Creative user)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »