Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I went by about 6am on my way to the office, but obviously it was too dark to see anything (and I didn't feel like poking around behind those buildings in the pitch black!).

My guess is it's still there though, and, as I said, I was just wrong and missed seeing it after it got shuffled around in the yard from where it first was when I snapped the original picture.

I'll swing by after work and let you know, unless someone does before then.

They buried it in a bunch of the cars there to hide it or something. Still there. Gary took a picture and posted it on Facebook. I ran into him when I went up to check Lancaster.
(10-02-2017, 12:02 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: They buried it in a bunch of the cars there to hide it or something.  Still there. Gary took a picture and posted it on Facebook. I ran into him when I went up to check Lancaster.

I hope it is adjacent to the line that the VIA train will be on tonight... Can't wait to see car #2!

Coke
I like the rotated network map because it now fits very nicely into the ad spaces on current GRT buses.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had this on all buses, and based on the route, you could light up in yellow the next ION station you would be stopping at (for any intersecting routes), going from yellow (ahead) to flashing yellow (next stop) to solid green (get off here)?
When I was up there they had a freight consist on the adjacent line
Does anyone have any idea what time it will go up?

What time is the normal freight train that goes up? Last time for 501 it was 8:13pm.
(10-02-2017, 02:41 PM)Canard Wrote: Does anyone have any idea what time it will go up?

What time is the normal freight train that goes up? Last time for 501 it was 8:13pm.

In the last few months it has gone up anywhere from maybe 7-8 PM to 11-12. I haven’t tracked it carefully enough to be more precise or to know if there is any pattern. Best approach is just to do laps up and down the Spur Line Trail Smile

Saw the 502 today at 2:30pm at Lancaster and Victoria crossing while I was filling up at the Shell gas station.
(10-02-2017, 08:14 PM)519 Wrote: Saw the 502 today at 2:30pm at Lancaster and Victoria crossing while I was filling up at the Shell gas station.

Just went past Willow/William St.

If they handle it like the other delivery it will park overnight then get towed in to the OMSF tomorrow. Although conceivably if the car is operable they could park the flatcars on an LRT track and just drive it down the ramp under its own power. I don’t know if this is actually feasible.
I streamed the whole thing on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/81680629...539769051/

You can see me in that youtube video at 0:31 holding up my phone as I ride by.
What a wonderful evening! We have got to do this again! 12 more times. Smile
Is KevinL Tom Galloway?

No, I am not. Just copied over the video link when I saw it on the Facebook group.
(10-02-2017, 10:26 PM)Canard Wrote: What a wonderful evening!  We have got to do this again!  12 more times.  Smile

And an additional 2 on top of that if the first vehicle is sent back to be completed! Do we know whether they’re planning to bring the staff here to finish it or if it is going back? I think the first couple of TTC streetcars actually went back to Bombardier for adjustments.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »