Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I am sorry I am not helpful. All of the information has been equally presented to both of us. I suppose we interpreted it differently.

Announcements were made on CTV, Facebook, 570 News and various posts that it is open to pedestrians and cyclists only. Lens' photos clearly show the passage. Others have posted photos of the signage.

I'm not sure it could be any clearer.

(06-29-2017, 09:28 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Who complained about that? ijmorlan actually gave "kudos."

And that means something from an old curmudgeon like me.
King Street reopens west of Victoria for cyclists and pedestrians
1/2 - Thursday, June 29, 2017

The King St. Grade Separation is finally open, to cyclists and pedestrians!

2/2 - Thursday, June 29, 2017

Hey, NotMyFriends, your sign lives on. Wink
Big Grin 
Is that a video evidence of Canard breaking a law (cycling on the sidewalk on the way down the hill) and breaking a rule (riding outside the safety coned zone on the way back up the hill)!

Big Grin

Seriously though, thanks, as always, for the pictures and videos Canard.

Any bets on how long it takes for some entitled motorist to see cyclists/pedestrians going through and moving the cones to drive through?

I say by before the end of the weekend.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(06-29-2017, 10:13 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: ...

Any bets on how long it takes for some entitled motorist to see cyclists/pedestrians going through and moving the cones to drive through?

Entitled? Or incompetent?  Who knows.

As for when, I already came upon that intersection last weekend and observed skid marks heading towards the (well marked) construction zone, in addition to bit of fencing flung down King.  It appears some driver went straight through and crashed into the barrier.  Fortunately seems nobody was there at the time.
Was just in the Courtland/Balzer area and spotted some curiosities.

It looks like a sidewalk is planned past the Esso station, but they will need to re-grade the ground quite a bit first.

[Image: qOOU3IC.jpg]

Once they do, this crosswalk will be ready to go.

[Image: cntr2hk.jpg]

A broader question, though, is purpose of all these pieces of rail. As far as I know, they're well past that stage...

[Image: AU2ffBu.png]
Extras - been there for months.
Those extra rails are conveniently located by a scrap yard, I imagine the boys will take 'em down there soon enough.
Looks like they might be fixing that pedestrian island to nowhere at Caroline and FDB after all. The green spray paint is new.

Still a bit of a detour to get to the Willis station though.

This old sign along the east side King in front of the Allen Square building needs to go - I don't think they actually want the old unloading zone to be on the Ion tracks:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(06-30-2017, 07:46 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Looks like they might be fixing that pedestrian island to nowhere at Caroline and FDB after all. The green spray paint is new.

Still a bit of a detour to get to the Willis station though.

Indeed, why isn't the crossing at Willis Way...

(06-29-2017, 10:24 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 10:13 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: ...

Entitled? Or incompetent?  Who knows.

As for when, I already came upon that intersection last weekend and observed skid marks heading towards the (well marked) construction zone, in addition to bit of fencing flung down King.  It appears some driver went straight through and crashed into the barrier.  Fortunately seems nobody was there at the time.
Was this Saturday morning around 5. Cause I saw a minivan drive through around then.
I swung by the University station yesterday on my way to the festivities at Columbia Lake. It's looking very good.

[Image: 52519YY.jpg]

[Image: RKs56fb.jpg]

[Image: tvNWcW1.jpg]

At the south end, I'm pleased to see there will be access from the Laurel Trail. 

[Image: K1QjrTO.jpg]

No visible start to the bus terminal work, however.

[Image: qtmTvWN.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »