Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(10-10-2016, 04:24 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 10:57 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Thanks for doing it for us! Smile
  • First 100 pages: 12 months
  • Second 100 pages: 5.5 months
  • Third 100 pages: 4 months
At this rate, we may hit 1000 pages by the time the LRT is operational! Wink

Page 400!
  • Fourth 100 pages: 3 months
Amazingly the traffic on this thread still continues to grow.

Page 500!
  • Fourth 100 pages: 3 months
  • Fifth 100 pages: 4.5 months
The thread traffic slowed down a bit with the slowdown of construction in the winter, but now we have a late spurt of activity with the arrival of the first train. Smile

What an appropriate milestone on the day our first vehicle arrives in Kitchener!

Here's to another 500 great pages of discussion to come!
(02-23-2017, 02:11 PM)kps Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 01:58 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Colleagues just posted a photo of it going over the rail bridge at the north end of Victoria Park, so it's probably to the next transfer point by now.

Crossing Waterloo St. If it doesn't get taken straight up to the yard, presumably it will be hanging out beside Lancaster for the day.

How ironic.  it is sitting at the future transit hub...and early arrival !!
(02-23-2017, 04:18 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 02:11 PM)kps Wrote: Crossing Waterloo St. If it doesn't get taken straight up to the yard, presumably it will be hanging out beside Lancaster for the day.

How ironic.  it is sitting at the future transit hub...and early arrival !!

GEXR guys are saying it will be leaving Lancaster Yard around 6-8PM tonight. Media event scheduled for 8 AM Friday February 24th at the OMSF on Dutton Drive.

At the Lancaster St. Yard!

GEXR guy who I talked with mentioned they're very concerned about people trespassing here - I guess lots of people are running over and across the tracks and stuff.
(02-23-2017, 04:18 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: How ironic.  it is sitting at the future transit hub...and early arrival !!

I had hoped to get it on the bridge over King St, but the train didn't whistle so I didn't hear it in time.
(02-23-2017, 04:46 PM)Canard Wrote: At the Lancaster St. Yard!

GEXR guy who I talked with mentioned they're very concerned about people trespassing here - I guess lots of people are running over and across the tracks and stuff.

I'm more concerned about it getting tagged if it sat at Lancaster overnight, TTC had that happen to one of their Flexities and it was heartbreaking:

[Image: kwI88I5.jpg]

So glad it's heading up to Waterloo today yet!

It was at a far greater risk of getting tagged in Cambridge yesterday!

I'm not sure why they don't wrap them. I mean, I'm glad they don't (I like it bare!), but it'd be safer.
Here's where it will spend the night after leaving the Lancaster Yard:

https://goo.gl/maps/MVvSD6NZWCz

This is so that's he Elmira run train can get past it. Tomorrow morning, the tug will take it from the siding back to the OMSF to be unloaded.
So it's overshooting the OMSF and will be backtracked tomorrow?
Correct. Otherwise, the GEXR freight has no way to "get past it". There's no run on Friday, so they've got until Monday PM to unload at their leisure.
(02-23-2017, 06:33 PM)Canard Wrote: Here's where it will spend the night after leaving the Lancaster Yard:

https://goo.gl/maps/MVvSD6NZWCz

This is so that's he Elmira run train can get past it. Tomorrow morning, the tug will take it from the siding back to the OMSF to be unloaded.

That spot looks unsafe to me!  https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5030229,...6?hl=en-CA
They may get some security to stay with other or; the GEXR employee I spoke with earlier alluded that they were in the process of having someone come and stay with at Lancaster, too.

They could just hire the guy who drives around the OMSF in the SUV To pop over and stay with it.

...or I'd happily bring over my sleeping bag... Wink

Just left the yard at Lancaster; heading up the Spur now!
Lot of after-dark moves!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »