Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph
I saw what looked to be utility relocation in front of Burger King a few weeks ago.

Yeah, they're doing a bunch of work on both the exit there from 7/85 onto Bruce, and at Bruce/the exit itself. It's been ongoing for a few weeks now. The terraforming on the South part of the curve is getting pretty hot and heavy.
Agreed, multiple projects in the works when I drove through today.
(11-01-2016, 09:13 PM)embe Wrote: Any timing updates on when the Bruce street extension will take place?  Recent excavation work at the north bound exit and the Wellington exit now closed.  Worthy of a new topic or is this covered elsewhere?

I think it's probably easiest to keep Bruce St as part of this thread. It's all one giant construction project together.  Makes posting pictures simpler.
The curbs are all in on Wellington / Shirley Ave extension, but I noticed there were no "cut outs" for where I thought the roadway went down to Victoria St. Will they pay to rip out the new curbs in a few years, or do I read the drawing wrong?

Coke
Well, here's the drawing again, for reference.

So this was directly opposite the Eastern Wellington ramp?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=242]
(11-08-2016, 01:13 PM)Markster Wrote: Well, here's the drawing again, for reference.

Where so this was directly opposite the Eastern Wellington ramp?

Yes, this section has straight curbs.

Coke

Weird.
When they build out new subdivisions, they have curbs that round out into the an empty field all the time.
(11-08-2016, 02:09 PM)Markster Wrote: Weird.
When they build out new subdivisions, they have curbs that round out into the an empty field all the time.

As a high-capacity road, and for drainage reasons it could be safer for the curbs to be there until the underpass is ready.
Or perhaps there was a sale on concrete?
So are they doing a bridge replacement for Frederick St. as well?
I don't think Fredrick St Bridge is being replaced, they just did some work on that bridge, no?
(11-13-2016, 09:39 AM)gomesjustin Wrote: I don't think Fredrick St Bridge is being replaced, they just did some work on that bridge, no?

Very minor rehabilitative work - yes. It was basically a band-aid fix (new pavement, concrete patching, temporary jersey barriers along parapet walls) without doing a full rehabilitation knowing that the bridge would be removed in the coming years.
Which goes first, Frederick or Victoria? Because I know there is no way both will be closed at the same time.

Victoria first, next year. A lengthened span at Victoria is necessary to accommodate the new ramps, underpasses, etc. The Frederick replacement is only to lengthen the Bruce exit ramp lane.
(11-10-2016, 09:50 PM)dunkalunk Wrote:
(11-08-2016, 02:09 PM)Markster Wrote: Weird.

As a high-capacity road, and for drainage reasons it could be safer for the curbs to be there until the underpass is ready.
Or perhaps there was a sale on concrete?

My vote's with concrete sale! Wink

(Stupid?) question : Is the roadwork on Wellington perhaps Regional/City in nature, and therefore not part of the Provincial project?

The intersection curbs in question:

The start of the new Shirley/Bingemans Centre extention: (Pavement was completed since I took this picture)

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »