Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
If it's like Allen, Francis, Charles (North section) and Borden, then no, it's not - it's more-or-less flush. I don't really get why they did that. Seems like a recipe for disaster when you're trying to pitch the system as totally separate in its own RoW.

Cinci streetcar opens in 2 weeks and they're ramping up their safety campaign.

Is that a real sign at :18? It should be!
Yep! I've seen these in my travels, but can't think of exactly where:

[Image: warning-streetcar-tracks.png]
I hope we get those here, particularly in areas with tracks parallel to busy cycling routes (combined with on-road markings where possible).
Benton/Charles, for sure.
Queen Station pour has begun!

Woo-hoo!
(08-26-2016, 10:44 AM)KevinL Wrote: Queen Station pour has begun!

As usual, Kevin beat me to the update.  I'll provide some photos to go with his news, though.

Rebar waiting for Queen Station:

Preparing for the pour (on Wednesday):

Pouring the concrete (this morning):

Next door, retaining wall blocks ready for the sidewalk across the street from Full Circle:

Some more photo updates:

Construction on Benton in early-morning light:

Median concrete poured on Charles between Benton and Eby:

One of the concrete barriers now removed from Eby intersection, and the median is poured -- could this be reopening soon?

Rails and rebar now in place on Charles between Borden and Ottawa:

(08-26-2016, 12:32 PM)tomh009 Wrote: One of the concrete barriers now removed from Eby intersection, and the median is poured -- could this be reopening soon?

There's no intention to open Eby, it will remain severed by the tracks.
Do you guys both work right there? Wish I wasn't stuck at work during the day so far away. I always miss the good stuff. Sad

I guess the one update I can provide, working in Cambridge, is that I just went by Cambridge Centre and the new terminal is like half built!
(08-26-2016, 12:32 PM)tomh009 Wrote: One of the concrete barriers now removed from Eby intersection, and the median is poured -- could this be reopening soon?

Until they install a sign in the middle of the ROW, there are going to be a lot of people bashing their bumpers and undercarriages on those curbs as they absentmindedly drive straight through.

(08-26-2016, 12:53 PM)Canard Wrote: Do you guys both work right there?  Wish I wasn't stuck at work during the day so far away. I always miss the good stuff. Sad

I do work downtown, yes.

As for Mark's question - they're pretty good at putting up 'one way' and 'no left turn' signs, however temporary, at these spots.
(08-26-2016, 12:53 PM)Canard Wrote: Do you guys both work right there?  Wish I wasn't stuck at work during the day so far away. I always miss the good stuff. Sad

Living and working downtown!

Always looking forward to your more comprehensive photo updates, Iain!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »