Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
387-397 King St E and 6 Madison Ave | 2 & 8 fl | U/C
    The building at the corner of King and Madison is now renting, with some signs of the businesses moving in attached to the fence. The new home for B&T looks almost finished.

We need more midrises like this downtown...every single block between East Ave to Highland/West Ave should have 3 to 6+ floor buildings like that.
I think this one is turning out nice. And if they fill the store fronts, then its a huge success.
(01-06-2024, 03:21 PM)Acitta Wrote: The new home for B&T looks almost finished.

Outside, yes, mostly trim missing now. But lots of interior work and store fixtures needed, so it'll take some months yet before they can open. Maybe sometime in the spring?
Has anyone caught what stores are going in there, besides B&T? It looks like maybe a pizza place also, based on that photo.
(01-09-2024, 10:05 AM)SF22 Wrote: Has anyone caught what stores are going in there, besides B&T? It looks like maybe a pizza place also, based on that photo.

Based on the building permit applications there are 4 restaurants going into these buildings, 3 of the permit applications only say "takeout restaurant" so they could be anything, the fourth application says "Tram Anh's Subs". Two of the applications are for the B&T building (building A) the other two are for building B.
Lol...downtown is nothing but restaurants.

(01-09-2024, 10:47 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:05 AM)SF22 Wrote: Has anyone caught what stores are going in there, besides B&T? It looks like maybe a pizza place also, based on that photo.

Based on the building permit applications there are 4 restaurants going into these buildings, 3 of the permit applications only say "takeout restaurant" so they could be anything, the fourth application says "Tram Anh's Subs". Two of the applications are for the B&T building (building A) the other two are for building B.

There is a sign for "Sushi Express" or something similar to that.
There are also signs for Seafood Boil, Nails and Spa, Bakery, and Bubble Tea.
These will al compliment the Kitchener Market. When we go on Saturdays, we love to go check out the other businesses in the area. I am looking forward to it.
(01-10-2024, 08:28 AM)BruceAshe Wrote: There are also signs for Seafood Boil, Nails and Spa, Bakery, and Bubble Tea.

Wish it were a cheese shop rather than another baker so close to Golden Hearth and Nova Era.
(01-10-2024, 08:28 AM)BruceAshe Wrote: There are also signs for Seafood Boil, Nails and Spa, Bakery, and Bubble Tea.

A second bakery to complement Golden Hearth (which is very good but with a fairly limited selection) would be excellent.
(01-10-2024, 12:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

Wish it were a cheese shop rather than another baker so close to Golden Hearth and Nova Era.

I miss Fiedlers market.  

The Kitchener Market has a couple of very good cheese vendors though.. AS long as you can get there Saturday..

(01-10-2024, 12:42 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Wish it were a cheese shop rather than another baker so close to Golden Hearth and Nova Era.

I miss Fiedlers market.  

The Kitchener Market has a couple of very good cheese vendors though.. AS long as you can get there Saturday..

Vincenzo's is good for cheese.
Yes it is, I prefer to stay in Kitchener for myself...

Victoria Market is good as well...

I stopped into the Tasty Deli on Charles Street, The Charlie building a few weeks ago. It seemed nice. I hope they are doing ok...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »