Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Junction | 37 & 33 fl | Proposed
The internet suggests these are the common colours

Developer is Lindvest, out of Toronto - never heard of them. Architect is Kirkor. 

Lindvest has a small portfolio of highrises in the GTA but they seem to have more experience with low rise developments. In Toronto Lindvest has done "Sonic and Super Sonic Condos" which is 30 floors in height, In Milton they're currently working on "Connectt" which is 25 floors. So this will be the tallest building they've done.
Looks pretty on par with what Kirkor is known for. I like the Courtyard/ walkthrough. I assume those are townhouses on the King street side? I think this could have been a 6 storey mid-rise, but I guess townhouses are what people consider the missing middle. There is about a 1% chance they actually incorporate a green roof into the podium of the tower. Going to need more information with regards to materials before I can cast fully judgement, but it is better then what is currently on the site. I have no doubt this will look better than the Vertikal monstrosity down the street, so it should be a positive for East Kitchener.
(09-12-2023, 10:22 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Developer is Lindvest, out of Toronto - never heard of them. Architect is Kirkor. 

Where did you dig this up? I can't seem to find anything online.
https://www.lindvest.com/new-homes/kitch...community/

Approximately 750 residential units within 4 towers on approximately 3.6 acres of land assembly in the King East corridor in downtown Kitchener.
(09-13-2023, 08:25 AM)westwardloo Wrote: I assume those are townhouses on the King street side? I think this could have been a 6 storey mid-rise, but I guess townhouses are what people consider the missing middle. 

If the render is correct, it's a three-storey walk-up apartment building, not (stacked or not) townhouses as there are not enough individual entrances to the units.

(09-13-2023, 10:53 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: https://www.lindvest.com/new-homes/kitch...community/

Approximately 750 residential units within 4 towers on approximately 3.6 acres of land assembly in the King East corridor in downtown Kitchener.

Thanks! That website is disappointingly scant on information, isn't it?
(09-13-2023, 10:02 AM)SF22 Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 10:22 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Developer is Lindvest, out of Toronto - never heard of them. Architect is Kirkor. 

Where did you dig this up? I can't seem to find anything online.

Now I can't speak for Lebronj23 but the only information I've found is on the site application open data that the city has posted here:
https://app2.kitchener.ca/appdocs/openda...e_Plan.csv

What it says in the site plan application is the following, "The applicant is proposing a mixed use development containing residential and commercial uses. The entire development proposes a residential unit count of 932 units with a Floor Space Ratio (FSR) of 5.0.  Two residential towers with heights of 37 and 33-storeys are proposed and are located along Charles Street East with 2-storey podiums containing ground floor retail / commercial uses including a grocery store  daycare and retail units facing the street. Back-to-back stacked townhouse dwellings are proposed fronting onto King Street East."

This is where it mentions townhouses, so the render could be old or it could be updated since the original site plan application went in.
Or, it's a bad render of what are meant to be townhouses but they didn't show the entrances properly.
Lindvest does pretty low quality projects across the board, from the design to quality of features in each unit. I've seen a few of them in person. They mostly do low rise stuff but recently got into high rise projects but all they output is generic, extremely low quality throwaway condos. The sort of place nobody expects to live in long...investment properties basically. There are countless other players like them in the GTA and Vancouver so if they've taken over this project it will just be a typical, generic condo you would hardly be able to tell apart from Station Park or Charlie West or 80% of what has been built in the GTA recently.
Bit of a shame there is no attempt to create any ground level presence at the street front or an internal courtyard here for commercial. This end of town could really use extending the King St. storefronts and services down towards Ottawa further. I don't think a single development proposed south of Cameron has proposed that sort of thing.
(09-14-2023, 09:26 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Bit of a shame there is no attempt to create any ground level presence at the street front or an internal courtyard here for commercial. This end of town could really use extending the King St. storefronts and services down towards Ottawa further. I don't think a single development proposed south of Cameron has proposed that sort of thing.

"East" of Cameron.

(09-14-2023, 12:20 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 09:26 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Bit of a shame there is no attempt to create any ground level presence at the street front or an internal courtyard here for commercial. This end of town could really use extending the King St. storefronts and services down towards Ottawa further. I don't think a single development proposed south of Cameron has proposed that sort of thing.

"East" of Cameron.

"East-south-east" of Cameron.
(09-14-2023, 12:22 PM)DK519 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 12:20 PM)panamaniac Wrote: "East" of Cameron.

"East-south-east" of Cameron.

"Kitchener east" of Cameron!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »