Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
(10-08-2022, 10:56 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Jeff Outhit will lose it. According to all his articles, Waterloo is the city that living the high rise...

Well, keep in mind that Waterloo has abut 40% of the population of Kitchener, so even if they had 2x as many high-rises buildings than Kitchener, their percent of those in a high rise would still be higher.

That said, the university population seems to mostly live in high rises now.

(10-10-2022, 07:49 PM)jeffster Wrote: That said, the university population seems to mostly live in high rises now.

Indeed. Outside the university area, their intensification efforts really don't seem very, uhh, intense.
(10-08-2022, 05:41 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 03:56 PM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote: Ziggys is targeting like 60 storeys, 1Vic will be dwarfed!

I've heard 57, 59, 60 and 67.

Four towers on that plot of land or are those the height options for one tower?
67?! Is that a typo lol
(10-11-2022, 09:58 AM)Chris Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 05:41 PM)jeffster Wrote: I've heard 57, 59, 60 and 67.

There is only room for one. Smile
Page 324 of the general thread. I feel like ac3r was trying to tell us something here haha. Side note the Ziggys lot looks pretty small I bet this one is going to be skinny and apparently tall as hell

KaiserWilhelmsBust
DTK Ziggys (417 King Street West), sold to VanMar Developments for $17,500,000

Lebronj23
^ doesn’t get anymore downtown than that. Let’s go for 50 lol

ac3r
Fret not! :')
(10-11-2022, 09:45 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Page 324 of the general thread. I feel like ac3r was trying to tell us something here haha. Side note the Ziggys lot looks pretty small I bet this one is going to be skinny and apparently tall as hell

KaiserWilhelmsBust 
DTK Ziggys (417 King Street West), sold to VanMar Developments for $17,500,000

Lebronj23 
^ doesn’t get anymore downtown than that. Let’s go for 50 lol

ac3r
Fret not! :')
A Ziggy's employee told me yesterday that there are no plans to move, yet.

(10-11-2022, 03:35 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 09:58 AM)Chris Wrote: Four towers on that plot of land or are those the height options for one tower?

There is only room for one. Smile

ya, that's why I'm confused, do they have four proposals or four skinny towers. Unless there is some kind of architect magic where they build a podium from 1 Vic to the parkette and put up a couple towers.
(10-12-2022, 10:45 AM)Chris Wrote: ya, that's why I'm confused, do they have four proposals or four skinny towers. Unless there is some kind of architect magic where they build a podium from 1 Vic to the parkette and put up a couple towers.

We're in the pre-proposal phase. Van Mar is working with the architect and running the numbers with various designs of various heights. We'll see which one they decide to bring forward as a proposal.
(10-12-2022, 10:55 AM)taylortbb Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 10:45 AM)Chris Wrote: ya, that's why I'm confused, do they have four proposals or four skinny towers. Unless there is some kind of architect magic where they build a podium from 1 Vic to the parkette and put up a couple towers.

We're in the pre-proposal phase. Van Mar is working with the architect and running the numbers with various designs of various heights. We'll see which one they decide to bring forward as a proposal.

Sweet, thanks!
67 would be nice so I can watch Jeff Outfit lose his mind.
(10-12-2022, 12:10 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: 67 would be nice so I can watch Jeff Outfit lose his mind.

I mean at that point why not go to 69? I'll see myself out...

Shot of the current dig from lunch today. They are currently one excavator deep.

thanks for the update...

(10-11-2022, 09:58 AM)Chris Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 05:41 PM)jeffster Wrote: I've heard 57, 59, 60 and 67.

Sorry, I was as clear as mud on that one. Height options, not 4 buildings. That would be one hell of a build though.
In any case. They should aim high and expect council to chop it down about 10 floors
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »