Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Sports and Recreation News
I bet you haven't been to this kind of office team-building venue....axe throwing.

Where it's cool to bury the hatchet

A step up from laser tag, bowling or maybe even an Adventure Room?

This weekend and the next will be the EndurRace, the third event in the Waterloo Running Series this year after the Re-fridgee-eighter in February and the Pancake Mile at the end of March. Anyone else signed up for it?
There will be some cycling events the next few weekends. This coming weekend is the Waterloo Classic in Hawkesville (part of the Ontario Road Racing series), the following weekend is the Tour de Grand in and around Cambridge (a recreational tour), and the weekend of June 20/21 is the Tour de Waterloo (a gran fondo-type race). I'll be watching an old friend from high school compete in the Waterloo Classic and be participating in the Tour de Grand. For anyone who doesn't cycle in the area, there is a notorious hill outside Hawkesville that the Waterloo Classic includes (albeit in the easier direction). The Tour de Waterloo unfortunately coincides with two other major races in the area, the Waterloo Classic Road Race (running) and Guelph Lake I (triathlon).
The baseball diamond beside Forest Heights KPL/Forest Heights collegiate has been removed, the hill facing Queen ST. has also been dug out. Does anyone know what's happening there? 
Fischer Park Skatepark (pdf link)
(07-13-2015, 10:38 AM)highlander Wrote: Fischer Park Skatepark (pdf link)

Cool thanks 
K-W United FC have made it to the North American final of their league, the PDL. The title match is at 5PM today and will be streamed live. Details here.

Awesome! The final will be live on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLbpWDUoTTM
Congratulations to the team!  They led 3-0 at the half and hung on for a 4-3 victory for the championship.

A screen cap of the third goal, at first half stoppage time:

[Image: 9kVEBzj.jpg]
I saw them spraying water on the rink at Kitchener City Hall today. It seems a bit warm still, but I guess we might soon be able to go skating outside!
(12-01-2015, 06:14 PM)jamincan Wrote: I saw them spraying water on the rink at Kitchener City Hall today. It seems a bit warm still, but I guess we might soon be able to go skating outside!

It's going to be a funny couple of weeks - down below zero most nights but highs a few degrees above freezing.  OK for City Hall, but no luck for those looking for natural rinks.
http://m.therecord.com/sports-story/6248...or-cobourg

Apparently we had a lacrosse team and they are leaving Waterloo.
(01-26-2016, 11:14 PM)rangersfan Wrote: http://m.therecord.com/sports-story/6248...or-cobourg

Apparently we had a lacrosse team and they are leaving Waterloo.

That's a shame. I didn't even know they were here.

Lacrosse is a great game to watch as a spectator, very fast paced and action packed.

The KW Granite curling club on Seagram drive is going to have an open house on Family Day where people can come in and get a taste of curling. Learn how to throw a rock!

It's apparently running 10-5 on Family Day. I can't find an event page for it yet but if I do I'll include it.
(01-28-2016, 12:25 PM)zanate Wrote: The KW Granite curling club on Seagram drive is going to have an open house on Family Day where people can come in and get a taste of curling. Learn how to throw a rock!

It's apparently running 10-5 on Family Day. I can't find an event page for it yet but if I do I'll include it.

My wife and I did an intro league at Galt Curling Club a couple of years back; it is a lot of fun and much more difficult than it looks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »