Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
165 King St W | 3 fl | Completed
Tin can telephones between the two patios??

Libro is now open.
Looks great inside --- I'd go as far as to say its their nicest branch/location in the Region
So nice to see something other than a coffee shop or lunch-dependent eatery opening on King DTK.
(10-16-2019, 01:57 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So nice to see something other than a coffee shop or lunch-dependent eatery opening on King DTK.

I agree it's nice to see things that are not a coffee shop or eatery, but I think downtown is long past "lunch-dependent eatery" . Grand Trunk, Grand Surf, Sugar Run, Lokal, Kinkaku, Izna, etc show there's plenty of demand for dinner-focused eateries. Many recent openings don't even offer lunch and are thriving in DTK.
The sign is up now for the other retail unit — The Ten Spot, a beauty bar chain

Thanks for posting. Looks awesome at night

The back entrance is worthy of a photo as well.

Love that mural
I do too. I really hope that AOK will pull through after all this...
Had they actually opened before all of this hit?
(06-08-2020, 07:14 AM)Spokes Wrote: Had they actually opened before all of this hit?

Yep, but just barely. I didn't get around to checking it out myself, but a coworker posted this comment on March 9 to our company's Slack:

Quote:Can confirm its pretty awesome. Unlike the ones in Waterloo there is room to move. There is probably 20 machines, three tables for food and drink, an air hockey foosball thing a SNES and a Nintendo 64

Beer is a rotating 12 taps and they have one non-craft option
I actually like that they have a non-craft option. I like craft beer, but some people don't, and at times I like non-craft options.

(06-08-2020, 07:14 AM)Spokes Wrote: Had they actually opened before all of this hit?

As mentioned. Just barely.

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...urney.html
(06-09-2020, 08:46 AM)Chris Wrote:

As mentioned. Just barely.

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...urney.html
I was there twice in that brief period it was opened prior to lockdown and it was fun and busy both times.  Good selection of beer too.  Love its back alley location.  Really hope they make it but they are even further handicapped than most bars in that a big part of their draw is the video games.  Will Public Health even allow these to be used when bars are initially opened? Even if they do, many may be wary of using them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »