Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Glove Box | 6 fl | U/C
This whole site is going to be fantastic

Noticed what looks like the start of structure for pouring the above-existing floors above the glove factory building. Also some new structures, which I still can't really figure out the utility of, on the roof of the Macintosh Cleaners next door as well.

Is that a new second floor on the old Macintosh Cleaners or is it intended to be an atrium? Either way, I kind of like the way that the coloured panels allude to the old vitrilite cladding.
There are three similarly sized boxes on the second level now, so hard to say what they will be. The colours do hint at revitalizing the old tile facade so it will be interesting to see if those get re-clad later on.
Today it looked like they were getting ready for the 2nd level above the old factory

Updated picture of progress above the Glove Box structure, and some more finishing on the McIntosh Cleaners update.
Is there a tenant announced for the McIntosh Cleaners building?

Not that I know of, however the older articles at the time of announcing the renovations had suggested targeting cafe and tech office space:

https://www.therecord.com/business/2016/...uture.html
Interesting that they'd start work on the Huck building first, I would have thought the new structure then tie it all together.
(06-06-2020, 08:00 AM)Spokes Wrote: Interesting that they'd start work on the Huck building first, I would have thought the new structure then tie it all together.

Since the new structure literally sits on top of the factory, I'm not sure how you could avoid getting the factory to the point where it could support the weight.
True. I guess I was thinking they'd get the new structure up to the same height as the old and then continue from there.
Signs out front of the cleaners are advertising for a medical office, actually.
Setting up the Jack's for the 2nd floor slab

Cranes over the 'Box.

I really love this project for some reason
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »