Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TEK Tower (30 Francis) | 45 fl | U/C
It's definitely ugly, but it serves the downtown core and has been there for a long time, so I can understand why they don't want to move. Unless they're holding out on selling because they know they could get a hell of a lot of money for the plot of land.

(02-03-2021, 09:38 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's definitely ugly, but it serves the downtown core and has been there for a long time, so I can understand why they don't want to move. Unless they're holding out on selling because they know they could get a hell of a lot of money for the plot of land.

I bet they would get a so much money for that piece of land. But I am guessing that it is also one of there better locations. And now, with all the builds going on in DTK, it makes zero sense for them to move. You rent the truck, pick up your furniture to bring to the your downtown condo, then a couple minutes to the u-haul. That location has everything.

I think I would like it better if they could do something with their property and building. A facelift of some sort.
I think there is and very close by that they could build a larger multi level storage facility new that would be much more energy efficient ...
(02-03-2021, 11:54 PM)jeffster Wrote: I think I would like it better if they could do something with their property and building. A facelift of some sort.

I doubt they will do any major renovation given that the current building likely doesn't have an extended lifespan.
40 stories, say no more I am interested!
(02-03-2021, 09:38 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's definitely ugly, but it serves the downtown core and has been there for a long time, so I can understand why they don't want to move. Unless they're holding out on selling because they know they could get a hell of a lot of money for the plot of land.
I feel like ac3r has some insider info that he wants to tell us but can’t lol. We appreciate the insight however. 

Side note, I’m looking forward to the day we get a 150m + building
Plenty, but not about the U-haul location haha. It's definitely prime real estate, but I imagine it'll stay a U-haul for a few more years.

(02-02-2021, 11:02 AM)EdM Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 01:54 AM)taylortbb Wrote: The website says it's ~25k sq ft, which is a little over half an acre. I think that's about the same size as the 1 Victoria site, and a little bigger than the Charlie West site.

Looks like it's almost exactly the same size as 1 Victoria

Oh I was thinking the lot between Ziggy's and 1 Vic for some reason
Here are some renderings of 30 Francis. Expected completion is Q4 2026 and it will have 515 units.

[Image: qs2uHBE.png]

[Image: FIpvZGz.png]

[Image: MvtqCNm.png]

[Image: vL9KRY8.png]

[Image: DxsPwPE.png]

[center][Image: 8FSJzvq.png]
Looks nice...
I like it already
(03-15-2021, 08:53 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: I like it already

It’s looks TALL
I think it would look fantastic if they stopped after the podium (especially if half of it wasn't a parking garage!). The tower looks okay for what it is.

I really hope the areas outside downtown start to densify in ways I personally find more pleasant.

(03-15-2021, 08:08 PM)ac3r Wrote: Here are some renderings of 30 Francis. Expected completion is Q4 2024 and it will have 515 units.

On the Harlo Capital website where the renders are it says completion Q4 2026 so do you have inside knowledge or is that a typo? 
https://www.harlocapital.com/project/30-francis-st-s/
It's not as pretty as DTK but it'll do. Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »