Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
239 Albert St | 12 fl | U/C
(03-13-2020, 10:24 PM)jwilliamson Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 11:16 AM)urbd Wrote: Thanks for the photo updates but why are they always sideways? Huh

I'm not sure. They orient correctly if I select "View Image" in the browser, but not embedded in the page. I've read there's a myBB bug about mobile pictures appearing sideways.

What type of mobile device are you using?

(03-14-2020, 09:00 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 10:24 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I'm not sure. They orient correctly if I select "View Image" in the browser, but not embedded in the page. I've read there's a myBB bug about mobile pictures appearing sideways.

What type of mobile device are you using?

Pixel 3XL
(03-14-2020, 09:56 PM)jwilliamson Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 09:00 PM)tomh009 Wrote: What type of mobile device are you using?

Pixel 3XL

Do you use the default Google camera app? Any editing apps? Because I also have a Pixel 3 XL and haven't had the rotation issue.
(03-15-2020, 01:01 AM)taylortbb Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 09:56 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: Pixel 3XL

Do you use the default Google camera app? Any editing apps? Because I also have a Pixel 3 XL and haven't had the rotation issue.

Default app; no editing. Do you upload your photos to WRC or do you use an image host?
Maybe the easy answer is to use an image resize app to resize the image and rotate it; it then gets saved back into the photos folder, from where you can attach it. I use one called Image Size, but don't know whether it's on Android as well.
I generally crop and polish in Google Photos before uploading; I don't have rotation issues that I can recall.

Here's a crop of the previous image

Awesome, thanks!

Those are some bright colours out back
(06-11-2020, 07:32 PM)Spokes Wrote: Those are some bright colours out back

Yeah. Some of the student apartment buildings in Waterloo remind me a bit of the old Soviet plattenbau you can find in the east of Berlin.
This is to to 6 storeys.
They've started working on the tower portions of this building.

This is actually a pretty large project going up here quietly. Imagine how much more hype this would get if it were downtown Kitchener.
Definitely feels bigger than the original renders
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »