Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(12-11-2020, 08:13 PM)plam Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 01:36 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: It makes me downright angry that the LRV is limited to a lower speed limit than the surrounding traffic in many places. But it kind of demonstrates what I said in another thread, our regulations for ground transport are an abject failure.

I get that it's frustrating. But transit is often slower even the best of cases. Perhaps frequency is more important than speed.

It doesn't have to be this way, in the Netherlands, transit is often faster than driving.

But ultimately, this is the case because we have not spent every last penny we have making driving faster.

But when transit is artificially slowed down more than drivers (who are less safe) that's just an added layer of spit in the face.

Edit: Yes, also frequency is freedom.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 12-11-2020, 08:30 PM